International Mountain Day. I'm sure once she gets to the top and checks her makeup she'll return to her typical languid stupor. I don't know if the rest of the Wilderness Adventure Club is coming up with her, but if they are you can bet Ms. Li has brought the video camera along.
Meanwhile, Helen's busy trying to decide whether or not to try suing UNICEF again, because today is the organization's birthday. It was created on this day in 1946, and I'm sure they've accumulated quite a few pennies since then.
- Daria's Great Adventure, by dmsfanman (part 15): "Anton got on the radio. 'Hey, when you are all finished having fun over there I have incoming here. I have three Groundfighter robots headed for the reactor. I could use some backup.'"
- Erin the Side of Caution, by Kristen Bealer (parts 1 and 2): "Helen was pacing the living room impatiently, feeling angrier by the second. She was furious with her mother for guilting her into working on Erin's divorce. She was furious with Rita for backing out of helping in favor of a whirlwind trip to New York with her boyfriend. Most of all, she was furious with herself for once again getting dragged into the same family drama that she'd been trying to avoid since she was a child." (Part 2)
- Pimpin' Ain't Easy (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn, Jim and Giselle are sitting in the living room discussing the situation. Giselle looks like a deer caught in the headlights."
- Searching For a New Hope, by thatLONERchick (part 14): "The armchair across the room was dragged over and Trent joined his sister at Daria's bedside. He smiled and draped her drab green jacket across her legs. 'You forgot this.'"
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 156): "'I have to think that this place is very...creepy,' Andrea said. 'I mean, I liked the Arboreum, but the rest? You can have it.' She was being given the grand tour by Sandi Griffin, who was doing her best to hold her tongue. 'Well...that's an interesting perspective,' she said in return."