Friday, January 29, 2021

Morgendorffer, P.I.


Daria's looking more colorful than usual in celebration of Tom Selleck's 76th birthday. The actor played the title character in Magnum, P.I., which was in turn parodied in the Daria episode "Murder, She Snored."

Today is also Freethinkers Day, which definitely fits Daria. Kevin and Brittany will just have to wait for Nonthinkers Day.

Fanfic Update!
  • Star Trek: Voyager – Horrors of the Delta Quadrant, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "Voyager was stopped. On the bridge, Captain Kathryn Janeway looked at the viewscreen showing the nebula on their path to the Alpha Quadrant."

  • Sunspots, by atiyatortilla (part 1): "It was Jane Lane’s first day at a new high school. She had a brand-new pair of combat boots, a backpack with a broken zipper, and a headache."

2 comments:

R said...

Hello, I see that you're keeping Wraith's Sick,Sad World alive and I think it's cool that you have your own site too.

I want to let you know that at least one person (me) appreciates the work you're doing. It's fun!

I am curious though, what motivates you? I mean sure, you like Daria but what specifically drives you to post on Wraith's site (which as far as I can tell is pretty dead) and post on your site (which seems to have some participants)? Is the fandom still strong among your circle of friends?

I would love to understand this because I think it's amazing.

Kristen Bealer said...

Hi! Mostly I maintain this blog (which was started by The Angst Guy; I just keep it going) because I enjoy keeping a record of what's going on in the fandom. I'm glad to know that at least one person likes what I'm doing. :)

As far as fandom, "going strong" depends on your definition. There's still plenty of conversation going on at both the PPMB and the Lawndale-High message boards, so that's something.

Thanks for your post, and I'm glad you're having fun here!