Daria, Helen, and Jake are all sharing a rare tender family moment on National Hugging Day, but Quinn's going to sit this one out. She doesn't want to wrinkle her outfit and she's got a big date tonight! Be careful whom you hug today, too. Not only is there a pandemic going on (in case you haven't heard), but Mr. O'Neill can tell you that some hugs end in lawsuits.
Today is also Squirrel Appreciation Day, so go find a fluffy-tailed rat and tell it how much you care. Better bring some nuts, though. Squirrels aren't big on words.
Finally, it was on this day in 2002 that Is It College Yet? aired, ending the show and sending Daria and Jane off to Boston. We may not have gotten to find out what happened to them next (unless you count the alter egos at the end), but the fanfic will keep us going for years to come!
- Bearing the Summer, by Lady Evil (part 27): "'Why do I have to be at this thing?' Hanley asked as he, Trent and Jesse walked through the woods."
- Bobbie Caller, by Meester_Lee (part 6): "The media descended on Lawndale High School on Tuesday. Bobbie had gotten a ride with Aunt Callie and saw them from over a block away before she heard them: some sort of media circus was clustered around the school’s main entrance."
- Daria: Well, It Is Friday (Iron Chef: Daria has a huge crush on Brittany.), by Meester_Lee (COMPLETE!): "For most people, Friday was the end of the work-week and when most of them could kick back, relax, and have fun for a couple of days. That wasn’t the case for one Daria Morgendorffer, aka Cynic, one of the Wards attached to Baltimore’s Parahuman Response Team."
- Did I Really Just Do That? (Creative Writing - My class submissions), by neonhomer (part 1): "My name is Matthew Mathiesen, and I hate school."
- Quinns Of The Past (Life Goes On), by WildDogJJ (parts 1 and 2): "Quinn was on her computer. She has a very annoyed expression on her face when Jim comes in." (Part 2)