Sunday, September 6, 2009

Whistling "Sweet Georgia Brown" Once Again

With one important exception, I did not like sports when I was a kid. The exception was watching the Harlem Globetrotters on TV, which was the only sports event that made you laugh. A number of websites state that today is the 82nd anniversary of the birth of the Globetrotters, though the actual situation is more complicated than that. Nevertheless, here is Jane Lane wearing an outfit very similar to the "away" uniform of the Globetrotters. Thank you, Meadowlark Lemon, wherever you are, for all the joy you gave me.

FF.net
  • Pigskin Caduceus, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 9): I drifted in and out of consciousness for the next couple of hours, I couldn’t remember things too well. When I was coherent enough to think again, I was lying on the floor in my room. My head was lying next to a puddle of vomit, the carpet had quite a number of bloodstains.
  • Reaped Out, Act 2: Sickle Sad World, by Pinkminx (up to Part 3).

PPMB
  • Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part III), by jtranser (continued): "Let me see if I have this right. You've gone to all the trouble of kidnapping me, bringing me to some godforsaken jungle, and now you tell me you're going to destroy the world!! And I'm going to help you!? And I thought I was nuts!!!"

No comments: