Thursday, September 24, 2009

As I Want You to Be

I'd much rather stay
home and
listen to my
brother
practice
the
opening to
"Come as You Are."

Jane Lane, in "The Invitation"

Nirvana's Nevermind was released this day eighteen years ago. Still smells like teen spirit.

A few interesting links for fun:
PPMB
  • Finn Morgendorffer, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 2): Football tryouts were actually two hours after school, so Finn had time to head home first. Not to his surprise, Daria was not at home. She would not be around to make herself a target for a while, and Finn could only seethe with fury at her performance today.
  • Love Is a Series of Burning Sensations, by Undefinedlust (Part 12 COMPLETE!): Daria smiled in amusement as she walked from the video store to her mom's Suburban, here she was about to have bad movie night with her sister and Stacy Rowe. If she had ever been in a more absurd situation, she couldn't remember it. The fact she had been busted staring at Stacy's ass made the situation even more amusing.
  • Unnamed story, by Teeki (Part 1): "What?" Helen Morgendorffer screeched, "The teleconference is back on?! But Fred, you assured me it wasn't going to happen tonight. I'm supposed to take my daughters shopping." Quinn scowled as her mother listened to the voice on the other end of the phone. "But of course, Fred. Listen, I'll be a little late. Let me get back to the house, get the girls a snack and I'll call in from there. Bye, Fred."

No comments: