Also today, in astronomical news, Neptune was discovered 163 years ago by three guys at once (Joey, Jeffy, and Jamie). Neptune is generally considered the outermost boundary of the planetary part of the solar system by socialists, infidels, and heretics who obstinately refuse to acknowledge the God-given supremacy of Pluto as a planet. Thank heavens I am not bitter about it.
Ms. Kinnikufan, who single-handedly has created some of the best-ever Iron Chefs ever seen on PPMB over the last decade, has done it again: Iron Chef: Single Parent Jake. Go for it.
In the Art for Art's Sake Department, Pinhead once again reduces fans to shock and awe with "Through a Pane Darkly." Not to be outdone, Lorenzo Sauchelli has begun a pen-and-ink freestyle portrait of Daria that has the look of an Al Hirschfeld caricature. Wonders will never cease! LATE ADD: More art from Pinhead! More art from Pinkminx! More art from Acidgirl! YEEE-HAAAW!!!
- Falling Into College 70: Is It The Future, Yet? by Richard Lobinske (Part 4): "It's really weird for Pentagon brass like Gen. Trainor to get individual information on one guy in combat. Even weirder for said brass to contact a family member with the information." "Amy and Paula are good friends." "True, but that doesn't explain Paula getting a special briefing on Reese. I have to wonder if something really classified got buggered-up and Reese was sucked in."
- Long for the Flowers, by Charliefox2012 (Part 1): Jake Morgendorffer sat at the little table in his motel room. On the table sat a half-empty gin bottle--no shot glass--and the final version of his divorce papers, the declaration of the end of his twenty-three year marriage. He picked up the gin bottle and took a long drink. He grimaced slightly and put the bottle down. [FF.net]
- Regifted, by Ajar (Part 17): ...I will be satisfied by those around me. I will be satisfied by those around me...
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part III), by jtranser (continued): I enter the dark road from the darkness. Far off shines the moon on the edge of the mountain.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Single Parent Jake), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "What is it? I'm got a customer who's a real grinder here and if I can't close this I'm going to have to turn this one over! I can't be interrupted! I TELL YOU I CAN'T BE INTERRUPTED!"