Today is Race Your Mouse Day, so make sure you have your maze ready. Try not to let Brian Taylor anywhere near the mice, though. We'd like them to stop running once they reach the finish line.
On a more serious note, it was fifty years ago today that Martin Luther King, Jr., made his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. An excellent speech from a great man.
- 86 Bottles of Beer: Hacking into the Antisocial Network, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "She gasped. 'It must be Bobby Stuart!' Kevin nodded. 'I think you might be right. Do you know what this means?' 'Yes!' she cried. 'I found my secret admirer!'"
- BFCA, by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Resting on one of the tables was a note reading: Push the button beneath and await screening. Beneath? Lifting the paper revealed a small blue button. Daria pushed it."
- Credence, by Astrocar82 (part 2): "'I'm sorry, could you go back to that part about "realizing your actuality"?' Quinn asked. She had decided to go to self-esteem class after all and had decided to take it seriously. 'I think I didn't understand you on that.'"
- Daria and Quinn React to "Quinn the Psychopath" (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "QUINN: Take a look at this! Apparently some guy who thinks he's so holy wrote a fanfic about me!"
- Daria and Jane Talk about a Certain Fanfic (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "JANE: So what are you doing? DARIA: Reading the tons of fanfics out there."
- Dylan, by J-D (part 26): "Dylan raised his head with a scrutinising gaze as he gave voice to his thoughts. 'Dad taking an interest. Warning sign. Or he's looking to get away from Kris.'"
- First Drink, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "A small redheaded boy of about six years of age sat down on the edge of an isolated dock on Lake Mohawksin, he had slipped out of his shirt and shoes due to the heat and kicked a foot on the surface of the water, relishing the coolness on his toes."
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (parts 8 and 9): "They set off towards Daria's house, but noticed something wrong as they approached. 'Hey, isn't that fire truck outside your house?' Ashley asked." (Part 9)
- I'm an Artist, Dammit! (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by deneich (part 1): "'Girls, I know it's frustrating having to start over – again – at a new school; however, better that than the alternative.' The Lady stated, in as convincing a voice as possible under the circumstances, to her two daughters as she navigated the red, late-modal, high-end S.U.V to their stated destination. 'Quinn, Daria, you do understand why this was necessary?'"
- Li's Science Substitute (IC: DeMartino has Barch Arrested), by Shiva (part 2): "'You know it's a pity that I'm not taking Barch's old class.' Jane said to Daria with a sigh in the comfort and safety of Jane's bedroom."
- A New Direction (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by peetz5050 (part 7b and 8): "Helen sighed sadly and Jane had an insight into what the family had gained and lost with Jake's success. 'Jammy will take you home and check out your house just to be safe and Daria will give you a ride to school all this week at least.' Helen added." (Part 8)
- Night Witches, by Panzerfaust150 (part 6): "At that moment, a feeling like a cool breeze went up Brittany's spine, and she shuddered involuntarily. Something wasn't normal." (SFMB)
- Penance, by ashk09 (COMPLETE!): "Quinn knew that she wasn't really supposed to come in here, but if her parents knew that she entered Daria's room night after night, they weren't saying anything."
- Quinn the Psychopath, by SacredDust (parts 1 - 4): "Quinn peered up warily over the edge of the book. 'You really shouldn't poke fun at me, Daria. It might be dangerous. I'm a psychopath, you know.'" (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Sweet Dreams, by RLobinske (part 3): "'Wow, I'm sure Paula and Sammi will have something to talk about when we see them tomorrow?' 'Oh?' Daria showed him the phone. The news headline read, 'Defense of Marriage Act Repealed."
- Unnamed story (IC: Awkward/WTF Endings), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'And so, Jane,' Daria declared, pulling a gram of cocaine out of her pocket, 'I found that out of all the suspects, only one had tentacles which fit your description, which I must say I determined through some, uh, rather regrettable practices. That in mind, the rapist is...'"
- Unnamed story (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "(Helen comes into the living room to find Daria with an Ipad in hand and several bottles of gin on the table - one already empty and a second half-gone.)"
- Unnamed story (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by peetz5050 (COMPLETE!): "'Jane! Where are you going?' 'Manchester, England, gonna strangle me a snake!'"
- Unnamed story (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Outside of the Landon's imitation mansion a passing mailman heard two shots ring out."
- Unnamed story (iC: Good Questions. Silly Snarky Answers), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Brittany could feel the ground shake beneath her as she walked out of the girls' locker room bathroom. It was almost like that Irish thingy she had heard before, meeting the rising road in May or something."
- What if Scarlett reacted to fanfic? (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by Aloysius (COMPLETE!): "Scarlett walked into the Pizza King and saw Tananda and Angel sitting in one of the booths, a small pile of paper split up between the two of them. 'Hey, guys,' she said. 'What's up?'"