Andy Warhol, who was born on this day in 1928. Jane is kindly allowing Daria to portray the artist here, perhaps as some kind of post-modern experiment involving artist vs. subject. Or not.
Today is also National Root Beer Float Day, so now Jake can switch out his root beer in a frosty cold can for a frosty cold mug topped with ice cream.
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 32 - 34): " He, and likely the rest of the class, was anticipating Goodlett to give some punishment to Ethan. Instead, he walked slowly back to his desk and gave the rest of the class time to finish the final parts of the book." (Part 33) (Part 34)
- Bitchy Barch (IC: Rock Over Lawndale), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "I saw Ms. Barch grade some papers at her desk, She was giving all the boys "F"s and passing all the girls, She probably didn't get enough love as a child, She was being a total bitch."
- Daria/Dorian Ch.16: Sugar High, by LadieTAG (COMPLETE!): "After the meeting, Dorian called his mom about what Ms. Li had tried to do. Helen decided to look at the contract between Ultra Cola and Lawndale High over the weekend."
- Dominick Morgendorffer, by macross (parts 1 - 5): "Quinn looked across her father out his window as a black 1973 BMW R75/5 pulled in alongside them.The rider wore a black studded leather jacket, Black faded jeans, calf high black motorcycle boots with straps and buckles on them." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
- Dylan, by J-D (part 24b): "'Okay, Dylan', said Kris, 'what's the matter with you? Your weird friend turns out not to be too weird to get on the track team, that should be a good thing.'"
- Freewheelin', by peetz5050 (part 19): "Quinn trotted off toward home with unfashionable haste. She wouldn't admit it to anyone but she was really looking forward to dinner tonight. Daria was bringing home a boy!"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 1): "Tom Sloane pulled his rusty old Pinto into the garage of his family's home. He sighed as he sat in the car for a moment. I'm so tired of this, he thought as he finally got out of the car and made his way into the house."
- My Dad the Director XXX (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by macross (part 3): "Daria left giving the snobbish Grove Hill students one last cutting barb before going to find Jodie and congratulate her finally telling someone shove it."
- Name Pending (It has been ten years since "all natural behavior" so...), by BF110C4 (part 1): "'What you do think of the newest supplicant to Raft U. Triple Cross Club Mary?'"
- A New Direction (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by peetz5050 (part 3): "'Ready to go Jam?' She asked as a maid handed her a new bookbag. He nodded back and opened the door of the black Mercedes minibus with the dark tinted windows that was Daria's preferred vehicle. 'Let's roll.'"
- Out of Place, by PrecambrianStudios (part 1): "Inside a boarding house at the end of Dega Street, a man with a slight mustache on his lip picked up the phone. 'Hello?' 'They're here.' The mustachioed man swallowed. 'Just remember, don't do anything stupid. Same goes for everyone else, make sure to tell them too.'"
- Quinn Snaps at Tiffany (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'You know what Tiffany?' Quinn snapped at her fellow Fashion Drone, 'You're right. You are fat. You are a fat little moo cow! Oh, who am I kidding?! You are a HUGE fat moo cow.'"
- Rise of the Atoner, by macross (part 9): "On the morning of this previous Sunday, the Lawndale Maryland, Police department were alerted to a grizzly scene in the town's High Hills Grove Cemetery."
- Scarlett the Dark Tooth Fairy, by Aloysius (COMPLETE!): "And so, Scarlett began her night of delivering gold coins to different people, all over Lawndale. She not only gave coins to many of her fellow students at Lawndale High School, she also gave coins to many different adults as well."
- Sweet Dreams, by RLobinske (part 2): "Carrying a shared laptop computer while Michael brought their carryon luggage, Daria searched through the crowd at Dulles International Airport until she saw her father's graying temples. 'There they are,' she said."
- Testing (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "'Testing,' a sleazy voice echoed over the crowded stands. 'Testing, one, two...sixty-nine. Grrrr!'"
- Unexpected Hookup: Relative Madness, by Shiva (part 12): "While Helen had been tempted to call in the morning after the latest dinner disaster, ultimately she had been forced to conclude that Erin and Rita's 'situation' was just that, their situation. Not hers."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Quinn! Why is the freezer open?'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Ok so let me get this straight,' Jane said to Daria as they sat on a bench, looking at the vastly changed landscape, 'Some sort of strange cosmic event caused our hometown of Lawndale to be sent back in time, thus birthing a brand new universe.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "Daria sat on the carpet in her room, clad only in her night shirt and socks. Her glasses were tossed aside and she held a box cutter in her strong hand."
- Victor Morgendorffer, by Shiva (parts 20 and 21): "Victor giggled slightly as an old He-Man cartoon played on Kyle's TV, the twenty-something and the thirteen-almost-fourteen year old were sitting on the couch, Victor's joint long since smoked, so Kyle had loaded up a green plastic bong and they had taken big hits from it." (Part 21)
- What is Fashion?, by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'What is it, Griffin?' 'Like...what is fashion?'"