Quinn is coming up with a sweet fantasy because today is Make Your Dream Come True Day. I suspect she's thinking of something related to sales at Cashman's. Daria, meanwhile, is trying to work out a new way to get her whole family to do something together...something that'll really make them suffer.
Only two days left to nominate stories and artwork for the 2013 Daria Fanworks Awards. Hurry up if you haven't sent them in yet!
- The Adventures In The Morgendorffer-Sloane Residency, by muskweasel (part 1): "Ophelia Amy Sloane-Morgendorffer turned 13 years old on July 24th 2013, and the way she chose to spend the day was sleeping."
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (parts 4 and 5): "Jane yawned as she made her way to the bathroom. There was a light on in Penney's room; Daria was reading. She's not sleeping much. God, I hope this doesn't all blow up. I haven't seen her this unsettled since she finally bailed on that thing she had going with-Steven? Was that his name?" (Part 5)
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 55): "Gage and Karis stared in wonder as Dylan scarfed down an entire hamburger within seconds. 'How can you do that without pulling a muscle?' Gage asked with incredulity."
- The Crust II (Pie, Pie, My Darling), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Shotgun in hand, Daria walked down the road in Crewe Neck, on her way to the Landon household (and blowing away any Crossed that crossed her path). She'd received a frantic call from Jodie begging for help before the line went dead, and since Jodie baked the best pies, Daria was obligated to save her life."
- Extinction of the Spanish Habsburgs (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "As the sweat poured down her face, Elsie gave one last desperate scream as pushed her child into the world."
- Good Afternoon, by Vukodlak (part 1): "'Really mom Yoga? You signed me up for Yoga?' Daria couldn't believe this, well maybe that was true she could believe it. What was unbelievable was Helen waiting to tell her until they were on there way there."
- Hemming's Way, by ognawk (part 2): "'But I don't wanna wear glasses!' 5 year old Cassidy sat in a chair in the kitchen, arms folded and looked annoyed. Her mother Melissa sighed as she brushed her daughter's short, red hair."
- Love Kills 2 (Shorty Shorts), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "The following Monday, Ashley was sat alone in the lunch room with his thoughts. Cassidy came over and sat opposite him, smiling as she did so. 'Hey, you,' she said. 'Hey,' he said, returning the smile."
- Magic Is Pants (Shorty Shorts), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "Daria replied, 'So, what did you want me here for?' 'Well, I found this,' Jane said as she closed the door and showed Daria a rather thick book with lots of strange symbols on the cover."
- Match Breaker, by SacredDust (parts 2 - 4): "Suddenly she turned around and looked closer at Daria than she had in several days. 'So what if he does call? Better yet, what if he asks you out? Not that it's my business anymore.'" (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Moments in Emerald Light, by Lord Yellowtail (part 5): "Betty Cooper, Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814, was having an altogether no good, horrible, very bad day."
- Unnamed story (Scenes that should be: Pacific Rimmers), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Say Jane,' Daria said while looking through her binoculars. 'What?' 'Think you can get the one in the grey sweater?'"
- Victor Morgendorffer, by Shiva (part 24): "After Danny reached for the remote and turned on the TV, an old boxing movie appeared on the screen, he asked, 'Did you pass on the message that you'd be here "tutoring" me?' Danny put the word 'tutoring' in air-quotes."