Daria's going casual today in honor of Tom Selleck's 69th birthday. Selleck played the lead character in the TV series Magnum, P.I., which was briefly parodied in "Murder, She Snored." You know, I think Daria actually pulls the Hawaiian shirt look off rather well. I wonder what kind of fit Quinn would throw if she switched to it permanently.
The deadline for the Daria Fanworks Awards is January 30th at 11:59 PM UTC. Vote for your favorite written and visual works, if you haven't yet!
- The Adventures In The Morgendorffer-Sloane Residency, by muskweasel (part 3): "'So let's get one thing straight. I don't have any deep, meaningful stories to tell you. The one I'm about to tell you is anything but.' a boy with light brown hair and hazel eyes who wore a light green ball cap said as he plonked down on the grey leather couch in front of me 'Alright. Okay. You go right ahead when you're ready, Cassius.'"
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (part 11): "'How did Trent know about this place? It's pretty cool,' asked Matt. 'Look, they have live music here.' From the outside, the place looked like a dive, but they had been surprised when they walked in the door."
- Alienation, by malakite (parts 2 and 3): "It was during one of these art classes that the subtle enchantments she'd employed finally began to bear fruit. The girl next to her , Brittany Taylor , glanced at her and asked 'Hey, could you help me with this? I really don't get what Miss Defoe is saying.'" (Part 3)
- ASPS 2, by PrecambrianStudios (part 9): "'Ladies and gentlemen, we'll be descending into Albuquerque, New Mexico in two minutes. Please fasten your seat belts, and welcome to the Land of Enchantment.'"
- The Fledglings' Frustration, by Lady Keane (part 12): "Madamoiselle Vivian Radcliffe, art dealer extraordinaire, was a masterwork in black fingernails, beaded jewellery and entirely unashamed joie de vivre. Her large fluid gestures seemed too enthusiastic to be affectations, they were more similar to the earnest, guileless mannerisms of young children."
- High School Never Ends, by welltemperedclavier (parts 5 - 7): "This is going to be painful. Walking up to the front door, Daria pressed the doorbell. For a moment silence, and the hope that she'd be able to walk home and get a job that required no human contact." (Part 6) (Part 7)
- Match Breaker, by SacredDust (part 10): "'STAY-cee dear,' Sandi's glare could have curdled milk. 'Did you happen to pick up any other details? Such as whether Quinn's disappearance from Fashion Ca-lub business can be attributed to a nuclear breakout or her acceptance into Witness Protection?!'"
- Midnight Study Sessions, by Snow-Kitty (COMPLETE!): "Daria tightened the plush green robe around her, hair dripping wet, as she dawdled along the Persian carpeted hallway of her former history teacher's home, or Tony's Love Shack, as Brittany and Angie called it."
- Mysteries of Lawndale 1: Esteem of the Investigator, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "That night, the Morgendorffers went to the UFO convention, which had come to Lawndale for the weekend. The first thing Daria noticed, was that the convention hall was laid out exactly as it had been at the previous town where Sick Sad World had filmed. 'That's not my concern. I'll be busy with Lawndale,' she thought."
- Popular Girl Esteem (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As Daria raised her hand to ask Mr. O'Neill what the hell he was talking about, she heard someone clear their throat behind her. 'Don't bother asking him anything.' A girl's voice spoke up from behind Daria's seat."
- The Red Skirts, by NapalmKracken (part 2): "As cynical as she was Daria wasn't sure if anything could have prepare her for Lawndale's poor material condition. The hull was mottled and discolored, many segments having appeared to have been hastily repaired after combat but never properly replaced or fixed. Particulars of her appearance suggested that she had never had a refit in her entire 41 year career."
- A run, run, run, run a, by peetz5050 (part 3): "Daria woke suddenly when the bus jerked to a halt. 'Dammit' She muttered to herself. 'Shouldna fallen asleep, not safe!'"
- Still Standing On My Neck, by SentrytheDefiant (parts 2 and 3): "'Whoa, Jane you are truly amazing! Seriously, I don't know how I managed to get accepted'. My roommate, Star, had just entered the room." (Part 3)
- The Talk (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Quinn leaned against the doorway of the bathroom that they shared. 'Um, I was wondering... why are you going out with Tom Sloane?'"
- Transitions (Scenes that should be: Pacific Rimmers), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'I have to admit,' Tom said to his two companions during lunch, 'That I honestly didn't have much hope that I'd have anyone to talk to at this school.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Manson took it all in in a moment - the slight smile and the tiny flush of red in the bespectacled girls' face, the tiny, twin flecks of envy and annoyance in the carrot-top's expression, the way Mackenzie's eyes couldn't help but to drift over to Daria..."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "A shocked silence had descended over the classroom as O'Neill danced in front of them, wearing a palm tree skirt and a leopard print bikini."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by malakite (COMPLETE!): "Scene, Daria is speaking into the camera."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "Today was truly a sad day for the family and friends of Brittany Taylor. Kevin, Mack, Mr. Taylor, and a few more of her relatives were her pallbearers as they solemnly carried the coffin across the grass."
- Venom, by Astrocar82 (part 1): "'Quinn, is anything happening up in your head anymore?' 'Daria, haven't you checked your phone?' Quinn asked sounding strangely distant."