Daria has just surprised Jane with a sudden observance of National Hug Day. That's today, so I'd recommend everyone keep their distance from Mr. O'Neill. Of course, that's good advice for every other day, too.
Today is also Squirrel Appreciation Day, so if you see Jake wearing a squirrel skin cap on his head and doing a victory jig...then you know that he missed the point. Oh, well.
Last but not least, it was on this day in 2002 that Is It College Yet? aired on MTV. It was the very last canon view we got to see of Daria and all the others, but the characters still live on in fanfic.
The written and visual nominations for the Daria Fanworks Awards are now up. Get out there and vote!
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (parts 7 - 9): "'Sis, can I ask you a personal question?' Daria sighed. 'You're going to anyway.' Quinn gave her that knowing look again. 'How's Trent?'" (Part 8) (Part 9)
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 56 and 57): "Karis Chapman turned her filmy-white eyes skywards to see the stars as she freely walked Fielding's grounds." (Part 57)
- Behind the Counter, by NightGoblyn (part 5): "'You go run the register,' Bob said, shaking his head. 'You started it, you get to deal with it. I'll finish stocking the cooler, then you can go home.' 'It's gonna get weird, isn't it?'"
- Great Professor Dario Ch. 1 A fresh start, by ST91 (part 6): "11:30 a.m... Good ... I can sleep a little more. Jane thought as she replaced the alarm on the nightstand. 'Just five more minutes and then I'll get up.' she said to herself."
- Life in the Past Lane - Facebook Edition (Iron Chef: Facebook episodes), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "Jane Lane became a fan of Retro Dudes..."
- Match Breaker, by SacredDust (parts 7 and 8): "'Hello, Quinn.' 'Eeeek!' Quinn jumped. There was Daria, sitting on the edge of the bed." (Part 8)
- Northbank Diaries #1: A Tale Of Three Suburbs, by ognawk (part 5): "Jane was sat in Mr DeMartino's history class, sketching away on a piece of paper. Sketching in class wasn't a new thing to her, she did it regularly. Normally, she'd be able to pay attention to the teacher and sketch at the same time, but her mind was miles away, wondering exactly what was going to happen to her."
- Psycho Therapy--the Facebook Edition (Iron Chef: Facebook episodes), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Daria Morgendorffer added sleeping upside-down and spreading rabies to her interests."
- Quinn's Code 09: Morgendorffers in the Woods, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "Quinn's Tale 'In a time not so long ago, there lived this girl...'"
- Target Down (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "Tom was making his way out of the house. He checked he had his keys, wallet and phone on him before he left the house. As he closed the door and made his way to his car, his phone started ringing."
- Transitions (Scenes that should be: Pacific Rimmers), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Kids,' Kay said to both her children, 'I know it's nerve-wracking having to go to a new school in a new town...'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "Jake eyed her hungrily. 'Why'd the chicken cross the road?' 'I don't know,' Helen countered in a similar tone. 'Well, you're about to find out.......'"
- What is Fashion?, by Smijey (part 5): "She was loath to continue the conversation of her own volition, but geek as he may be, Ted might finally be able to solve the riddle. 'So, uh, Ted...what is fashion?'"