Daria's getting a few extra winks because today is Festival of Sleep Day. Trent, of course, considers this to be a year-round holiday.
For the Lord of the Rings fans out there, today is also the anniversary of author J. R. R. Tolkien's birth in 1892. To celebrate, Helen is going to dig out the hobbit candle Jake made for her and Jake is going to shriek in terror at it.
- Apocalyptic Daria: Twilight Friday, by Brother Grimace (parts 1 - 6): "She slinked away from her desk, batting her eyes at her husband - and her faux-seductive demeanor sloughed away suddenly as Denny held up a small, slightly beaten-up brown strongbox. 'Oh, Denny...'" (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6)
- "Aw Mama...Can This Really Be The End?", by Scissors MacGillicutty (part 7): "'...and with that, I'm going to turn the meeting over to some of the resident and post of duty offices in the Washington D.C. division. I'd like to start with Agents Hauser and O'Brien in the Carter County post of duty office and then go to the Baltimore division office. Agents Hauser and O'Brien—are you there? I haven't seen any video from you since the start of the meeting.'"
- Battle-Axe, by meowarts (part 4): "It had been two months since the Morgendorffer's moved into the quiet suburban life Lawndale offered. And life went on despite her silent protests."
- A Capital Honeymoon (Shorty Shorts), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "The two couples arrived at their hotel, ready for their joint honeymoon. Checking their room numbers, they discovered they were next door to each other."
- Credence, by Astrocar82 (parts 6 and 7): "'It's a chemical compound that dissolves in the oil that hair produces. Squeeze it on your hands, run your hands over someone's hair and, presto, foul smelling liquid starts to foam on them that eventually drenches their body. My mom got kicked out beauty school for it.' 'It's perfect, but how do we get it on her? She'll notice us coming near her now.'" (Part 7)
- The Crimson Queen's Daughter's, by macross (part 5): "It wasn't the fact that the commander seemed completely unsurprised by the man's presence, in fact it seemed like he was expecting him; no the thing which had caused all of the rage fueled valor to flow out of him was the little girl with bright red hair slumbering in the Commander's arms."
- Dead Inside (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As a chap named Tom Sloane shook his twenty-something booty while working the stripper pole, his pink thong already filling up with cash, it took everything that he had not to cry."
- It's All An Illusion...Maybe, by Doggieboy (part 1): "The man in the long dark brown robe searched the closet, and tore through piles of clothing and forgotten papers, a despearate expression on his face."
- Jane, by PrecambrianStudios (part 4): "'So, what would you like to sculpt?' Cassandra asked as she and Jane reclined on the couch inside Jane and Trent's apartment."
- Lawndale and Sandi Griffin's Genie: Future Excerpt 1, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'And Lawndale is currently embroiled in a crisis brought on by the discovery of a Genie. Correct?' the new arrival asked. 'That is correct. What is going on?' Kyra asked."
- Loss of Heart, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "Wadding up her paper napkin and dropping it on the empty lunch tray, Daria said, 'After a rough start with Mr. O'Neill, the day hasn't been that bad. Mrs. Bennett kept things in hand and Mr. DeMartino was surprisingly supportive.'"
- Mission: Impawsible, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Mr. Whiskers crept over to the corner of the house to peer around to the front, but suddenly scrambled backward as J. B., Snuffles, and Odette raced around the other side. Odette growled fiercely, and Taylor bared her claws and hissed. 'Stop!' cried both Fluffy and J. B. at the same time."
- Mysteries of Lawndale 1: Esteem of the Investigator, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "Daria entered the school. Instantly she noticed many things that didn't seem right. 'Of course, Highland wasn't 'right' either,' she thought. Her trained investigator's eye saw a great many security cameras along the length of the corridor she was entering. 'There are at least eight. That's overkill.'"
- No Unfinished Business, by thedefiantone (COMPLETE!): "'I am definitely over it,' she said, flexing her tired, numb fingers until some feeling was restored. She had been writing all night; or rather, she had been writing the same thing all night, hoping that, by dint of repetition, it would magically be rendered true."
- Quinn the Psychopath, by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "It was a done deal, Sandi thought with a smirk of triumph. Her plot to oust Quinn as any sort of a threat to her status at Lawndale High had been a smashing success."
- Sisters and Friends, by metameric1 (part 19): "Quinn smiled. He was so unassuming, but so capable at what he did. He carried himself with a quiet confidence, and he somehow managed to bring calm to a tense situation. She had been grateful for that; even over a videocall he managed to keep her centered and focused during the final software integration check."