Quinn's serving up a delicious dessert for Chocolate Cake Day, but I'm skeptical that she actually baked it herself. Still, cake is cake...as long as it isn't a lie.
Also, happy birthday to the late Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, also known as Lewis Carroll, who was born on this day in 1832. I would list the Alice in Wonderland/Daria crossover fics that have been written, but there are so many that the genre has been given its own page on the Dariawiki! Check the stories out at the link.
There's still time to vote for the 2014 Daria Fanworks Awards! See the written and visual nominations and choose your favorites.
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 80): "The door flew open suddenly. Wehrung and Michelle both jumped as Ethan, looking somewhat emaciated, strode in and immediately went over to Wehrung's computer. 'Bastard,' he sneered."
- "Aw Mama...Can This Really Be The End?", by Scissors MacGillicutty (part 36): "Vitale interrupted the general counsel for the DPH. 'Stop right there, sport. "Situation?" That's what you're calling what's happening in Worcester?' Audio from the speakerphone was only adequate, but the contempt in Vitale's voice was plain to hear."
- It Began with a Taste (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "It began with a taste, such a simple thing really. It wasn't even anything exotic, just a piece of chocolate. But there was something about it... Something unusual..."
- The Many Doctors, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 32b): "Soon, the Doctor and Laranna returned to the console room. 'Ah, Vincent. You're here,' the Doctor said. 'Hi, Doctor,' Vincent said. 'Mandy here, says that Amy isn't here?' 'Yes... She's found the person she lost...'"
- May I have a Cheeseburger?, by metameric1 (part 11): "Dearest Weevil, I am speechless. Well, not really."
- Self-Esteem Class in Room 101 (Would Mr. O'Neill...), by Scissors MacGillicutty (COMPLETE!): "'I realize how harsh and cruel the world may seem to be,' Timothy O'Neill said, addressing his self-esteem workshop. '"Seems, Mr. O'Neill? Nay, it is,' murmured Daria."
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover XIII - Crossovers are Magic!), by Ranma (COMPLETE!): "Scrick Scrick Scrick... 'nyan, nyaaaan' Scrick Scrick Scrick 'nyan, nyan.' 'What the hell is that' said Daria as she reached the bottom of the stairs."
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover XIII - Crossovers are Magic!), by Scissors MacGillicutty (COMPLETE!): "'So this has all been Ms. Li's doing . . .for how many years?' Daria seethed. 'Three years.' Jane replied. 'Three wonderful years.'"
- Unnamed story (Would Mr. O'Neill...), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Gina Plemmons, a dark-skinned girl with a sturdy build and long brown hair wearing a football jersey walked into Principal Li's office. 'Excuse me, Ms. Li,' she said in an affirmative tone."
- What is War good for? (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "Brittany: 'Um Mr. DeMartino?' Mr. DeMartino: 'What is it BRITTANY?' Brittany: (twirling her hair) 'I was thinking why do we need war to solve our problems with other countries?'"