Humiliation Day, and judging by the way Daria's blushing I suspect she's participating. That, or Trent just walked by without a shirt on. Although that second one isn't as likely because today also happens to be Festival of Sleep Day and I seriously doubt Trent's going to pass that opportunity up.
Additionally, J.R.R. Tolkien was born on this day in 1892, and I know we've got quite a few Lord of the Rings fans out there. To celebrate, I got you a very lumpy candle that may or may not be a hobbit.
Remember to nominate for the 2014 Daria Fanworks Awards!
- Black Cloaks of Lawndale, by Waylander (COMPLETE!): "Since the day Aunt Amy decided that her student's 'magical muscles' need proper rest, Daria was bored out of her mind. The proven methods of dealing with boredom weren't working."
- A Boring Summer, by ST91 (parts 2 and 3): "'So it's for this reason that in the past women couldn't have roles in plays.' said Dario to Brittany as they left the movie theater." (Part 3)
- Calendar Boy (Iron Chef - Characters haunted by their embarrassing pasts), by Snow-Kitty (parts 1 and 2): "Daria looked up to see her friend Jane standing point blank beside her locker. 'Um... are you okay Jane?' she said with trepidation, confused by the underlying bewilderment in her friend's eyes." (Part 2)
- Daria Joins The Sweet Cake Girls, by peapotmaster (part 1): "Daria sat down on her computer to watch the latest web episode of her favorite show, Sick, Sad World."
- Forced Impression, by Indigo (part 5): "Quinn waited until the boys had driven away before indulging in her new pastime of gently teasing her sister about boys. 'Well I think one date with Joey will do for now. So Daria, you did it, movie, burger and backseat with a boy. Did you like the kissing?'"
- A Little Exercise (Iron Chef: Start In The Middle of an Action Sequence), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Daria gasped as she counted the oncoming, gore-caked beasts, blood-flecked foam and pus flying from their mouths like pinkish-white steam trails: Ten... fourteen... twenty... twenty-three... Jesus, who let all the dogs out?"
- Mine Origins, by Vukodlak (part 7): "After her morning shower Daria stared in the mirror and debating on going back to bed or getting dressed and heading downstairs. On one had she was really hungry on the other hand it was her birthday and she worried what her family was going to do to try and lift her spirits."
- Outclassed, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): " Sandi crossed her arms. 'This isn't about escaping the class anymore. This is about taking down Mr. O'Neill. Not just as revenge, but as a public service to the school. If we're successful, no one--or at least not as many people--will care about us being put in the class in the first place. We'll be the people who defeated the worst teacher Lawndale High has ever had.'"
- Padding after dark (Something Special), by Bill Bruford (COMPLETE!): "Drip... Drip... Drip... 'Sam you idiot, why can't you turn off the sink.' Sandi said, eyes wide open taking in the moonlight."
- Quinn's Code 11: The Geek Hunter, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "'Right, we have Sandi and Tori to deal with,' Quinn said. 'Go ahead!' Stacy said. 'Are you sure?' Quinn asked. 'Yes!'"
- Unnamed story ('Iron Chef' for Robyn & all comers - 'The First Ten Minutes'), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "'Gotta get away from the bears! Gotta get away from the bears!' The words spilled out with each pant as Daria raced across the featureless plain. Sneaking a look behind her, she saw that the bears were still gaining, the massive brown in the lead roaring ferociously."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'You know, Daria - this really isn't that bad.' 'Of course you'd think that - now, you have a reason to be lazy all day!'"