Daria's enjoying a nice romance novel by Edgar Allan Poe, who was born on this day in 1809. One of Poe's other well-known works, "The Raven," has been referenced in Daria fanfic at least twice: The Cynic by Steve Mitchell and A Raven, Nothing More by Lew Richardson.
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 79): "'These mixers always suck,' Vivian Deblasio moaned to her assigned partner, Hero Dressler, who felt very much like moaning herself."
- ASPS 3, by PrecambrianStudios (part 4): "She pulled up a chair next to him and sat down in it, and stared hard at her brother's face. 'I know you're faking it,' she said. Ethan remained limp."
- "Aw Mama...Can This Really Be The End?", by Scissors MacGillicutty (part 35): "Although none of his family appeared to be at home when he arrived there in the early afternoon, Bunk Moreland took all the care he usually would to creep into his house when everyone was there and asleep in the middle of the night."
- The Many Doctors, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 32): "As soon as the the older Doctor and his companions (including Tamsin) had left the TARDIS, he set it in motion, leaving the Heights of Oranui behind. He turned to Laranna. 'I guess we should search for Felicia too. What do you think?'"
- The Snoozeroom (World's Shortest Crossover XIII - Crossovers are Magic!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "In the front row, a girl in a field jacket raised her hand. 'Yes?' 'Hi. I have a question: are you from an alternate timeline?'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Start In The Middle of an Action Sequence), by Scissors MacGillicutty (COMPLETE!): "Even as the manager of the Good Times Chinese Restaurant was yelling at Chris, a BTR-80A personnel carrier came roaring down Payson, but before it came to a halt, Snoop stood before it, drew her Glock 41, and fired two rounds at it."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "It was one of those scenes that required a world to be tinged with just a little extra insanity, one of those spots the Gods of Chaos had said 'meh' and dumped a little of their excess power on their way into work in the various Warhammer universes one day."
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover XIII - Crossovers are Magic!), by Milo (COMPLETE!): "A flying car enters the Morgandorfer garage. At the same time, a newspaper boy throws the Lawndale Herald to the front door. Its headline reads 'Mutant Plague Averted'."