International Programmers' Day. Of course, Jake is the furthest thing from a computer programmer you can get without including inanimate objects, but we'll let him enjoy his moment anyway.
- A Boring Summer, by ST91 (part 4): "That morning Dario was lying on the living room couch in a sort of semi-coma due to the heat. From the open windows not a breath of air came inside and the old fan was of no help too. This heat wave will be the death of me. If only I could find a documentary on Antarctica maybe I could survive until tonight."
- Fall (Iron Chef: Start In The Middle of an Action Sequence), by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "CRACK! Stacy had never heard the sound of someone's nose breaking in real life. Stacy was also positive that she'd never punched someone before."
- Family Ties (Iron Chef - Characters haunted by their embarrassing pasts), by DarkDranzer (COMPLETE!): "'Hey Ant, you in the mood for a trip down memory lane?' Vinny DeMartino asked while waving an old sepia-toned photo. His younger cousin sighed as he packed another musty box, 'Not REALLY but I have the FEELING that you're going to DRAG me on one ANYWAY.'"
- Fly (Iron Chef: Start In The Middle of an Action Sequence), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "Quinn's eyes widened in slowly mounting horror, head tilted upward so that she was unintentionally looking down her nose at the apparition some twenty feet away."
- In the midst of her nightly routine (Something Special), by Bill Bruford (COMPLETE!): "As the news ended and infomercials began, Stacy sat on the edge of her bed, brushing her hair."
- In Vegas Without Any Logic or Reason, by DIsaac (parts 1 - 3): "Daria woke up, Mouth dry, hungover. She decided that celebrating her freedom from Raft in Vegas was in order." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Pages From a Notebook, by Strumwulf (part 13): "Daria woke to her alarm going off, and took stock of her situation."
- Sisters and Friends, by metameric1 (part 24): "After a long moment, she sat back up and looked at him. 'Do I manipulate you?' He laughed. 'Like a ball of silly putty.' 'Please don't let me do that.'"
- The Uniqe, by EntrancedCat (part 1): "Daria stumbled on the jagged reddish-brown scoria, thankful for her heavy black boots. For lengths of several hundred yards the trail had occasionally narrowed with sharp rocks in ankle-high chunks and sheets scraping against her black jeans and boots on both sides."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Start In The Middle of an Action Sequence), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Crunch. Chomp. Chomp. Chomp. Chew. That's important."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Start In The Middle of an Action Sequence), by TheTuxedo (COMPLETE!): "The sand underneath Trent's head was softer than any pillow. He half opened his eyes and saw the brilliant blue of the sky, dotted with fluffy white clouds. He grinned at his luck, waking up to a sky like this."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by GDTSP9 (COMPLETE!): "Kevin groggily opened his eyes, seeing a blurry, blue sky. After a few seconds, it wasn't so blurry. He felt like he had been tackled by an entire team of football players, five times in the last five minutes. As he slowly got to his feet, he realised he was covered in molasses."