Jane is playing the Lady or the Tiger--or Cheetah--again because it's the anniversary of Maureen O'Sullivan's birth in 1911. O'Sullivan was best known for playing Jane in the Tarzan film series, and we know our Jane also has a wild streak. Still, I'm not sure she's quite ready for that pizza with entrails yet.
- Daria: College Pains The Sophomore Year, by James the Lesser (part 8): "Stacy is getting ready for her race. It was the second to last race she'd run in the ASCRA Stock Series."
- General Semantics, Private Angst, by gwrtheyrn (part 47): "The two Lane siblings looked down at Mr D, sleeping on the living room couch in their tiny Boston apartment, the same couch which Trent himself usually used for that purpose. Trent would have to snooze on their salvaged but mostly operational La-Z-Boy, instead. He'd already slept in it a few times, in the three weeks since they'd found it. It hadn't injured him yet, at least."
- Lawndale's Finest 3: The Brave and the Bold, by NightGoblyn (part 2): "Scarlett looked over at the kitchen door and saw her best friend, Jennifer, standing there staring at her. It was quite possibly the first time Scarlett had ever seen the other girl's eyes completely open, and Jennifer was giving her the same shocked look her aunt was."
- A New Beginning, by LadieTAG (part 11): "Daria arrived home after celebrating with Quinn and the rest of the group. Her parents were sitting at the dinner table grading papers while Monique was cooking dinner. Turning around, Monique could tell something was bothering her little sister. Daria sat down beside her mom and sighed."
- The Phantom of the Library, by neonhomer (part 7): "Angela paced about the room. 'This is all I need. No money, no life, and now to bring this bad memory back up.' She stopped in front of the bookcase, and pulled the 1999-2000 LHS yearbook from the shelf. 'If I would have just destroyed this book, I wouldn't be in this situation.'"
- Redux, by Princess_Pasta (part 19): "'Alternapalooza.' Shaggy said with quiet reverence, 'It just gets better every year.'"
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "Daria (V/O): My world is fire and blood. A long, winding highway in baking sun - men in painted-on Lions colours taking steel footballs - flares in the sky as a convoy advances on an isolated rig"
- You'll Know When You Have Kids of Your Own, by metameric1 (part 3): "Some of the other kids stayed around to watch, curious as to why Rusty was hanging out with this brainiac chick. Ignoring them, she unfolded the curious machine, which seemed to be made of sections of an old snow ski, hinges and mismatched bolts."