Mr. O'Neill pities the fool that doesn't know today is Mr. T's 63rd birthday. Sadly, Mr. O'Neill seems completely unaware that he is the fool that is to be pitied. Fans of Mr. T may also enjoy Smijey/Smilefax's The Mr. T Trilogy, a Mr. T/Daria crossover.
Speaking of fools, today is also the anniversary of the first airing of "One J at a Time" in 2001. Quinn tried and failed at getting a steady boyfriend while Jake tried and succeeded at catching a squirrel. I'm not sure which of them was better for the experience.
- Badass, by LadieTAG (prologue): "A shadow of a man sitting in a chair comes across the room like a ghost. The only noise that can be heard is the sounds of Beethoven echoing hauntingly from an upstairs grand piano."
- Is it Curtain Yet?, by Zetor (part 5a): "'This was a mistake.' Daria was exhausted. The sun still hadn't quite set yet, and the mid-Summer heat was at its peak."
- A New Beginning, by LadieTAG (part 12): "Amy reached over and gently squeezed Quinn's shoulder. Amy was a little surprised to find out that Quinn had forgiven Daria and that they were working on becoming friends."
- A New World, by breitasparrow (part 4): "Finally Daria's mind was taken off of all that when Tom spoke up first. 'Well... I think I know what I wanna do,' he said."
- Really? I'm a Star!, by DIsaac (intro): "Daria Maxwell: I'm Daria Maxwell, I was a child star. Where? (Opening notes of Daria theme plays) DM: Yep, My self titled show, Daria."
- Sonoma Coma, by jtranser (part 20): "Seated in a booth of GobyBurger, Daria and Jane watched an interview of pop culture media maven Carl Hotoke on the local public access channel while eating Cosmic Burgers with Psycho Sauce...."
- You'll Know When You Have Kids of Your Own, by metameric1 (parts 4 and 5): "Rusty Michaelson pulled up to the little cottage, stepping off her rail just as the voltage dropped enough to be noticeable. Much better now; it had enough juice to make it over the crown of the hill, and she could pretty much coast all the way down the soft grade to the crappy neighborhood she called home." (Part 5)