It's time to take a hike--literally--because Mr. DeMartino and the campers are celebrating the anniversary of the movie Is It Fall Yet?, which aired fifteen years ago today. Lots of other things happened in that movie, including Quinn's tutoring and Daria and Jane (finally) making up, but that image right there is still my favorite!
- Dreams Rewoven, by RLobinske (part 1): "College Loses Major Endowment 'That's going to take a bite out of things,' Daria Morgendorffer said as she read the article in the college newspaper."
- A Faerie Tale for Chuck, by E. A. Smith (COMPLETE!): "Charles Ruttheimer watched the full moon rise behind the trees, sending slivers of light through the branches to shine like searchlights on the water."
- Her First Time, by 11tee (COMPLETE!): "Jodie Landon sat on the bench; the face etched into her mind appeared when she looked at the man leaving the ramshackle hovel. She closed her eyes; her next set of decisions would have a profound effect on many people's lives."
- If You Knew (secret admirer challenge), by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "She watched her from afar, much like she had every day for the past two months, captivated as always by how graceful and fluid her movements were."
- Lawndale Z (Daria daughter of ? challenge), by Kuriamo22 (COMPLETE!): "Daria sat on her bed reading like she always did when she wasn't at school or with her father sparring."
- A Man Among Men (secret admirer challenge), by Zetor (COMPLETE!): "Janet hated school dances. They were just excuses for those filthy men to grind all over those poor innocent girls."
- The Peregrine's Eyas, by Lord Yellowtail (part 2): "The muffled thud-thud, thud-thud of her rubber-soled workboots pounding against the corridor floor echoed in Stacy's ears as she jogged through the nearly-empty fortress at the best speed she could manage without running."
- Slow Flows the River, by UU (part 3): "'The ceremony of corruption having drowned in sweat, Their Majesties departed,' fanning herself with a handkerchief, Amy finished her sotto voce narration of the festivities that had made Don alternatively chuckle and fidget uncomfortably."
- That Summer, by The Central Scrutinizer (parts 2 - 10): "Jane waved over the waitress. 'Excuse me—miss?' Daria huddled over her coffee and murmured, 'Garçon means boy.' Before Jane could reply, the waitress was beside the table, arms akimbo. 'Get you two something else?'" (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) (Part 9) (Part 10)
- Unnamed story (IC: DIsaac's 10 Items Challenge #1), by 11tee (COMPLETE!): "Jane closed her eyes and rubbed at her temples. The penguins were still frolicking in their pond, and though they never stopped moving, she felt confident she could capture their little idiosyncrasies in her painting."