Ginger Rogers's birth on this day in 1911. Michele would probably appreciate the quote about how Rogers "did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels."
- The Bench, by dmsfanman (part 3): "As she walked along the sidewalk Daria thought that the air was truly hot. This was typical for early August evenings in Lawndale. The humidity made the air sticky as well."
- Cynic and a Six-String, by fringeperson (part 22): "Jake came back from the dealership with Daria's 'new' car the Sunday following the volunteer gig at the hospital was officially termed 'over'."
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 10): "As the last week of March approached, Helen knew that her eldest daughter's eighth birthday was coming up soon. Despite the fact that Daria wasn't as fiercely competitive with Quinn as she and Rita had been, she knew that her eldest would feel slighted if she had a poor party."
- The Lawndale Stomp (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward), by EntrancedCat (COMPLETE!): "Shuddering as she felt male eyes on her, Daria adjusted her green bikini once again, aware that the act of adjustment was fodder for the onlookers' perverse dreams in itself. She looked down at the massive vat just below her perch and turned to her partner in crime."
- The Pen is mightier than the Sword, by mailorderannie (COMPLETE!): "Daria laid her head on her wife's shoulder. 'You picked a good place for us to honeymoon, Jane.' 'Hey, I get to look at all the art, and you get to think about all the people being thrown in the Bastille.' Jane hugged her and kissed the top of her head."
- Perception, by Princess_Pasta (part 7): "'Here, you're getting mixed up. You're multiplying so you have to cancel out the like factors'. So much for this getting easier, Daria thought as she leaned over, erasing the incomplete equation that Kevin had understandably gotten stuck on."
- Something for Something, by mailorderannie (part 5): "Jane put her chin on her hand. 'I'm sorry about that, Amiga.' She frowned. 'I'm not sure what I can do to help you, but if there is anything, what's mine is yours.'"
- Suckered, by arandomshipper (COMPLETE!): "The last bell rang. Daria didn't move from her desk, in no hurry to go anywhere. She just continued to read her novel."
- Tom's Journal, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "Met this cool artist chick named Jane, she's a self-proclaimed artist."
- Unnamed story (Awful Wedded Strife), by oriolessteffi (COMPLETE!): "After reading some of the horror stories on this site, I felt compelled to share the tale of my oldest niece's wedding."