Daria's trying out a new look for Different Colored Eyes Day, although I think using contact lenses might be cheating. Still, Quinn will be thrilled to see Daria taking her advice at last!
This is also the anniversary of the episode "Legends of the Mall," which aired on this day in 2000. The Rattling Girl of Lawndale, Metalmouth, and the House of Bad Grades all made their urban legend appearances. One day I hope to see a fanfic that unites all three!
- Awful Wedded Strife, by JoeMerl (COMPLETE!): "I just wanted to say that I love your website and that it was a big help in planning my daughter's wedding recently! I also enjoyed reading through your 'Weddings from Hell' section whenever I was stressed out and needed a laugh."
- The Bench, by dmsfanman (part 2): "As she walked along the sidewalk Daria thought that the air was truly hot. This was typical for early August evenings in Lawndale."
- Cynic and a Six-String, by fringeperson (part 21): "Daria looked at the book list that had been handed out to every student in the class. They were supposed to pick one of the texts, analyse it, and submit a report on its moral intention."
- The Date, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "'What makes you think that I'm so trustworthy? I mean for all you know I could be some kind of pervert that only wants to take advantage of you.' She looked at him with more than a little annoyance. 'I feel that I know you well enough to trust you.'"
- Perspectives, by Cap (part 1): "Frederick Trimburg ambled from his back yard when he heard the automobile slow to pull into his driveway. He was not expecting visitors."
- Possibilities, by Sureia (part 30): "Sometimes, not always, but sometimes, it was important that everyone saw your triumph and spread the word. Whether it was a new top, or shoes, or a must have accessory, or maybe you finally snagged that one guy with the beach house and the convertible before anyone else, there were some victories that simply had to be advertised."
- Something Something, by mailorderannie (parts 3 and 4): "In their favorite booth at Pizza King, Daria looked at Jane over her slice. 'And that's what happened this last year. I honestly don't remember this Tom guy, but so many guys have asked one or the other of us out after the news about our relationship got around, they pretty much run together.'" (Part 4)
- That Summer, by The Central Scrutinizer (parts 12 and 13): "Martin Hart walked around the fountain three times before he noticed the old man sitting in the gazebo. He was wearing a straw hat, which he had taken off to fan himself, and a blue and white seersucker jacket." (Part 13)
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Wraith (COMPLETE!): "Rachel stood fidgeting nervously in front of Daria and Jane in the Admiral's office as Tricia bounced around in the background like a rabbit on speed. Jodie sat at a desk off to the side working on paperwork."