Do Me a Donut is open and ready for everyone to stop in and celebrate National Cream-Filled Donut Day. Daria and Jane might enjoy having an alternative to pizza in Lawndale, although from the show it appears they only took advantage of it once. Maybe they just don't have sweet tooths?
Daria appeared in People Weekly on this day eighteen years ago to judge the best and worst dressed people of 1998. The subject matter may not have been Daria's usual style, but the snarky commentary definitely was.
- Burned Out, by Wrabbit75 (part 2): "With a smile, Jennifer pulled the headphones off, and looked over the sheet music she had just finished writing, with a nod of satisfaction."
- Daria (and other characters) on the Defiant Round Robin, by Roentgen, EntrancedCat, and Meester_Lee (parts 2 - 6): "When she woke up she found herself in her uniform. Which was funny, because that was something she didn't normally do. Something must have gone tits up, reallllly tits up for that to happen." (Part 3 by EntrancedCat) (Part 4 by Meester_Lee) (Part 5 by Roentgen) (Part 6 by Meester_Lee)
- The Game, by dmsfanman (part 2): "Tom shifted around and then opened his eyes. The couch he had bought at the thrift store was actually pretty comfortable."
- The girl in the shadow, by Rémi (parts 1 and 2): "Jake Morgendorffer filled is glass of whisky again and took a sip. He wasn't happy. Working in a job he hated, under a lousy mini-Mussolini's orders, was already bad enough but, all things considered, work wasn't supposed to be fun. Not being able to relax at home because of his family's problems was a different story." (Part 2)
- Me And My Monkey, by Dennis (part 6): "Dave was true to his word. I saw neither hide nor hair of him the whole week, although every day when I came home, more of his stuff had disappeared from the common areas."
- One in the Hand, by Sureia (part 1): "'I don't get Art.' Jane stopped, a frown creasing her face for a moment as she finished another of the many geometric shapes on the canvas, and wiped her brush off with a rag before looking around at her guest."
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 11): "'God, that's awful! You can't walk around in that'. Quinn stalked her way over to where Daria was standing, wasting no time picking over the excess fabric."
- The Switcher, by Sureia (part 2): "'Why did you just call me "Kevin"?' Jane liked to think of herself as a reasonable and measured individual under normal circumstances, regardless of whether other people who knew her well would do the same."
- Unnamed story (IC Runaway Daria), by neonhomer (part 1): "Daria laid back on her bed, staring at the ceiling. The gentle sound of rain hitting the glass of the windows was a bit comforting, but also troubling at the same time."
- With Apologies To Degrassi-Who Would You Date?, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "It was a pleasant Friday afternoon that found Jane Lane, Sandi Griffin and (surprisingly) Jodie Landon in the little coffeehouse that was (once upon a time) the site of a mini-riot caused by stupidity, and Daria Morgendorffer's excellent reading of a 'James Bond' parody."
- UnfFleeting time (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "Charles Rutheimmer III walked, trying to mask his worry under a mask of insouciance. Every step that got him nearer school was getting him nearer the upcoming news. His mind twirled in a mess of thoughts."