American Business Women's Day...and try desperately to one-up each other until both are so angry they can't see straight. Should be a nice, pleasant conversation.
If Helen needs to calm down afterward, though, she might try lighting that hobbit-shaped candle Jake got her years ago. It would be appropriate, since today is also Hobbit Day. And brown is so...soothing.
- CorrecTed Vision (The Ted Zone), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "It was a lovely Saturday afternoon. The light generated by the sun was unbroken by clouds or other obstructions, the temperature and humidity levels were well within a comfortable range, and several birds were uttering musical vocalizations intended for either territorial or mating purposes. Ted was walking home from the video arcade when he noticed a medium-sized bulldog approaching him."
- Daria (and other characters) on the Defiant Round Robin, by cfardell_Brenorenz29, Roentgen, Brother Grimace, Kuriamo22, and peetz5050 (parts 22 - 27): "Even before she opened her eyes, River knew she was no longer on Serenity. Non of the other nine minds that she could sense were those of the crew that she and her brother were travelling with." (Part 23 by Roentgen) (Part 24 by Brother Grimace) (Part 25 by Kuriamo22) (Part 26 by peetz5050) (Part 27 by Roentgen)
- Lawndale Z, by Kuriamo22 (part 8): "It was a clear sunny day over the endless blue green grasslands of the northern hemisphere of Namek. Long ago the Namekians had built vast technological cities across their planet. Unfortunately decades of overproduction had nearly destroyed the biosphere and millions of Namekians died in a vast drought."
- A Moment Behind the Mask, by RubinaLadybug (COMPLETE!): "'And so completes our time of raising the dead and causing mass panic in this listless town,' Daria stated, her deadpan tone infecting every word she spouted."
- Return of the Runaway: Esteem of the Middle Child (IC Runaway Daria), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "Quinn walked home, after having helped Jane prevent her house from being foreclosed. 'How is it that the Lane's just forgot to pay their bills?' she wondered. Jane was interesting though. 'If nothing else we do fit as aquaintences.'"
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 12): "'It would be such a shame if it rained. Can you imagine it raining on the happiest day of your life? Awful!' 'I've heard that rain is a sign of good luck'."