Indianapolis 500, which starts today! I shudder to think what Sandi would say about her clothes and dirty face, but take a look at Stacy and consider whether or not she cares right now.
Today is also the anniversary of the birth of Ian Fleming, whose James Bond character undoubtedly played a part in inspiring Daria's Melody Powers stories. If I remember right, Upchuck is also a fan, which makes me wonder what his reaction to Melody would be. On second thought, perhaps we're better off not knowing.
Finally, today is the anniversary of the episode "Life in the Past Lane," which aired on this day in 2001. We got to meet Nathan, who is among the least-liked characters in fandom. But hey, at least he's more popular than Ken Edwards!
- Cops And Robbers And Magic, by psychotol (part 26): "The corridors around the dormitories had gotten a bit smoky with that acetylene cylinder had been burning away until Carrie telekinetically shut it off from the washroom."
- Daria's Life's Lottery, by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "At least Jodie's at Grove Hill. There's one friendly face – also Upchuck's there, heyoooo – in amongst a sea of assholes." (Part 8) (Part 9)
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 1): "And so it began. After four years of high school, Daria was finally where she wanted to be, in college."
- Fidelity, Integrity, Bravery And So On... (Hiding in Plain Sight), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Happy birthday, Carlyle.' Julia Carlyle didn't even look up as Tobias Fornell tossed a package onto the table next to the chaise lounge on which she reclined. 'Nice furniture, kid. Teak?'"
- Greater Love, by arandomshipper (part 2): "A typical family dinner that night saw Jake alternating between blissful inanities and sudden angry outbursts, while Helen's attempts to start meaningful conversations were constantly interrupted by phone calls."
- Slap, by elainefr (part 1): "Slap! The sound could be heard from across the room where Jane was standing and talking two new prospective dates at the party that she was attending."