Mr. DeMartino just got the bad news that there's no money in the budget for new supplies, so he'll have to stick with the ones made on this day in 1945, also known as V-E Day. I'm sure nothing important has happened since then, so he'll probably be fine. Frankly, most of his students won't learn anything regardless of how up-to-date the textbooks are, anyway.
- Cops And Robbers And Magic (Non-Daria), by psychotol (part 20): "It was hard to make any assumptions about the time of day that the witchfinders would abduct Carrie and Kira, night time would mean fewer people around to witness the event, but if just one person sees something happening at night it's more suspicious than if it is seen in daylight."
- Daria (and other characters) on the Defiant Round Robin, by EntrancedCat (part 55): "Admiral Daria studied the ship which had slowly come up on them. 'Another boat which sort of looks like some fifties idea of a spaceship. Didn't I read somewhere that the Borg actually got it right in Star Trek? A cube, cylinder or sphere are the most logical shapes for an interstellar vessel.'"
- Graduations, by dmsfanman (COMPLETE!): "As Tom walked out of the last presentation of his college career, he looked at his phone to check the time. Looking at the display he was a little surprised that he had not had a text or voicemail message from Daria while she was underway."
- The More Things Change, by Two-Eyed Charlie (part 5): "There are a few things out there that I expected to happen to me at some point in my life. At least one of them involved drugs and a high-speed collision with a farm animal (don't ask)."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 16): "'He's headed this way,' Stacy said. 'Okay,' Quinn said. 'Stand back everyone. I'm going to hit him hard.'"