White Cane Safety Day, but fortunately she has a seeing-eye Jane as a backup. Or she could try just wearing her damn glasses.
Today is also National Grouch Day, which also suits Daria pretty well. It could also apply to Mr. DeMartino, Michele Landon, Mad Dog Morgendorffer...and pretty much half the cast of Daria, when you really think about it.
- An Annoying Paradise, by Resop (part 2): "Daria and Nichijo breath heavily at the bus stop. 'Why did we run for three bus stops when we could have just took the first one?'"
- Dammit Daria, by SexshiTiTePaNtZ (part 8): "'Thats the last one for this haul Max.' Nick shouted from the driver's seat of the Tank. The black van guzzled like a drunken tiger when Nick playfully floored the gas pedal, 'Come on Trent get in!'"
- David M., by ST91 (part 1): "A blue Lexus crossed through the streets of Lawndale to the local high school. Driving was Jake Morgendorffer, father of David and John Morgendorffer, his two 16 and 15 year old sons."
- Harry Potter Morgendorffer, by Meester_Lee (part 11): "The end of October already? Helen went through her day planner. She used paper; she suspected that she'd continue to use paper throughout her career. She worked for the Goblins and magic interfered with electronics."
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 3): "'I...have to go.' Was all she managed to say as she picked up her things and jetted out of the café before Kevin could say anything else."
- Jodie's Interview (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'You know I didn't really mind that Senator DeWitt-Clinton liked my porno.' Jodie explained to the reporter, 'But what pisses me off is that he didn't pay for it. He just watched it on a free site. It takes a lot of hard work to make quality content for sale, and it really eats into my paycheck to have it stolen by online pirates. I've got bills too you know?'"
- A Night In, by Zetor (COMPLETE!): "'Momma Quinn, Momma Quinn,' Lacey called insistently, her small hands shaking her mother awake from where she stood at the side of the bed."
- Quinn, Episode 7: Intervention, by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "We see Jake at the stove working on another experimental dish. We see tentacles hang over the edge of the pot that he is stirring. At this moment, Quinn comes in. She sees what her father is doing and scrunches her nose in disgust." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Quinn, Episode 8: Quinn's Addition, by WildDogJJ (parts 1 and 2): "Ms. Barch is giving a lecture on mating habits in the animal kingdom. Ms. Barch: So, class, while most non-animal life forms reproduce asexually most of the animal kingdom engages in sexual reproduction." (Part 2)
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 15): "Daria slowly padded her way over to the shower, turning it on full blast. She stood back and watched as the room slowly became shrouded in steam before she climbed in."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 51): "Without power and in the darkness of night, the helmet lights of the rescuers in their orange suits provided most of the illumination, save for one lone electric generator connected to a very powerful light poking its finger in the night sky."