Barbershop Quartet Day, but I'm sure that won't stop them from serenading Quinn...whether she wants them to or not. I wouldn't worry about the quality of their singing too much, though--I doubt they'll get through even one verse without breaking down into a fistfight.
Today is also National Pet Day, so let's hear it for all the pets from Daria, most of whom never actually appeared onscreen! Seriously, Zachary and Taylor from the Lane house, Sandi's cat Fluffy...aside from Leary and Mr. Whiskers, it's like all the Lawndale pets have gone into hiding. Then again, with Brian Taylor on the loose I suppose you can't blame them.
- Barfly Advice (IC: Random Pairing Challenge 2018), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "And so it came to pass in the year 2002 that Mystik Spiral performed a new song for just seven people, at 2AM. Last week, it had been nine people and Trent was suspicious that one of them had passed out and thus didn't count."
- Blind Ambition, by David Falkayn (COMPLETE!): "USS Hornet. As she read the orders assigning her to the Excelsior-class starship under its near-legendary captain, Kal Daval of Efrosia, Ensign Elizabeth Shelby, newly graduated in the top one percent of her class, grinned delightedly as she turned to her friend and roommate, Ensign Jadzia Idaris. 'I got it, Jadz!' The young blonde exulted, 'The Hornet!'"
- Daria, Buzzed Up and Sold Out?, by EntrancedCat (COMPLETE!): "'Daria,' Mom lifted her eyes from the screen after reading my online resume. 'How do you expect to land a job if you don't take things seriously?' 'I took it very seriously, Mom,' I pleaded. 'Notice I even included my sentence as fashion editor in Highland.'"
- Daria M. Banks - "Bad Guy" cover (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "(Daria M. Banks walks down Lawndale High's hallway, pursued by a faded version of herself - as it walks, the figure's clothes shift sometimes into a red cloak over a black catsuit, or a purple jacket over grey shirt, but always returning to Daria's own. The beat begins.)"
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 37): "Jake, Helen, and their two younger daughters were waiting at the museum's gift shop. Daria had drifted off somewhere. Jake wondered how she'd managed to do that even in someplace as small as the county mining museum, but she'd done it."
- Daria's Great Adventure, by dmsfanman (part 1): "The seat was not all that comfortable. Daria looked at the back of the seat in front of her. The display showed the date – December 6, 2043. It all seemed a little surreal."
- First Day at School, by Roentgen (part 2): "The Monday morning was immediately interrupted with the call of reveille. Loud, omnipresent, and obnoxious. It was 0600 hours. Daria and Jane, utterly exhausted, were jolted back into life again. 'Gaaaah,' was Daria's only response. Jane just moaned and shoved the pillow over her head."
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (parts 4 and 5): "As Elizaveta slept, she dreamed. Her dreams an incoherent jumble except for one image—that of a beautiful dark-haired woman with a wicked grin and what looked like spots on either side of her neck." (Part 5)
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (part 23): "The elusive juggler was nowhere to be found, and Darlene decided to leave the circus. She wanted to visit the smithy to look for something stronger than his current clothes, or a better weapon."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen (part 115): "Tom Sloane sat alone at a picnic table eating a barbecue sausage. He had to admit that it was a damned good barbecue sausage. Of course, since David Allen Farrington had appointed himself grillmaster, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't be poisoned to death."