Arbor Day! It's a great holiday for all the tree-huggers out there, although it might be better if you planted it instead. Better a tree than a crutch, anyway!
Today is also Tell a Story Day, so if you know any good stories about trees then today is the perfect day to tell them. If you prefer, you could tell a story about Cinderella's clunky silver and gold dress or the witch who ate Hansel and Gretel, because if there's one thing Daria characters love, it's telling warped versions of fairy tales.
- Cuckoos On Infinite Earths, by Charles RB (part 5): "'I have two econ problem sets and a paper on Kerouac that I have to get to the delivery guy by 9:00 P.M.... and then, I quit.' 'But you're just getting started.' 'I already feel burned out on college and I'm still in high school.'"
- An Experemantal School (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Szcz (COMPLETE!): "'Hello, the newcomers. It's me, the student council president Daria Morgendorffer. Some months ago, we had some problems with the budget leaks, but now everything is OK and we are a part of a big federal experiment, sponsored by some TNC."
- Greater Love, by arandomshipper (part 5): "Some rules jump right past stupid into inane, Quinn thought, as she was forced to use a wheelchair to leave the hospital for absolutely no reason."
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (part 8): "As she read the morning paper over the breakfast table, Helen shook her head, 'They're closing down the coffeehouse? Extreme right-wing elements?'"
- Skeletons (Quinn, Season 4), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "We see Sandi and Quinn catching up over coffee. Sandi seems unusually happy. Sandi: ...so even though I have an AA I can't find a job. It sucks that I have to keep stripping." (Part 2)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2 - "Spring Ball"), by Roentgen (part 119): "Hector Turco adjusted his 'cover', the cap that every cadet at USAES wore. He was wearing his Class A uniform. Blue jacket with brass buttons, white gloves, 'Marine Style' insignia (adjusted to USAES rank, wearing two gold chevrons over a red field with no rocker as if he were some imaginary Corporal First Class), dark blue slacks with red trim. It would be the same uniform he'd wear on the parade ground on the second day of June."