National Beer Day, but he doesn't seem to be very upset about it. In fact, I don't think we've ever seen him happier. Kevin will happily crush some beer cans on his own head in honor of the day, while Ms. Barch probably has a few choice words to say on the subject of her beer-loving ex-husband that I can't reprint here.
Today is also the anniversary of the episodes "This Year's Model" and "I Loathe a Parade," which aired on this day in 1997 and 2000. Quinn lost out on a modeling contract in one and got covered in engine exhaust in another, so it was good times all around for Daria.
- An Annoying Paradise, by Resop (part 7): "'You seem pretty quiet tonight.' Jane stops noisily slurping her noodles. 'I feel like an idiot.' 'I'm not touching that one.'"
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 36): "Jake and Helen checked into a small motel near the city limits. It was after 9:00, but the manager was still in the office."
- First Day of School, by Roentgen (part 1): "The first day had been humiliating. Daria just wanted to be handed a shovel, dig a six foot deep hole, dive in, and die."
- Jane's Life's Lottery, by WellTemperedClavier (COMPLETE!): "Hard as it is to believe, life's gotten a lot better since Ms. Defoe's contest. Nothing's really changed on the surface, but the world feels lighter somehow. You paint a lot more." (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7)
- Of Microwaves and Electric Keyboards, by Souless Familliar (parts 5 and 6): "A few hours had passed and it was now approaching eight-thirty. Trent had since left for work, with the spare key Helen had given him, Jake had been called into work for some emergency (something that greatly annoyed Helen, seeing as it was the Easter vacation) and Amanda had gone back to Casa Lane to grab a few of the things that the Lane Trio had left behind in their haste and to see how long it would take for them to be able to move back in." (Part 6)
- Replay (Daria and the Gang Thread II), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'Esteem... a teen. They don't really rhyme, do they?' Mr. O'Neill said. 'The sounds don't quite mesh. And that, in fact, is often the case when it comes to a teen and esteem. The two just don't seem to go together. But we are here to begin realizing your actuality.'"
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (parts 2 and 3): "Ignoring the bickering going on between Jake, Daria, and Quinn, Elizaveta looked out the window of the car as it pulled into the front of Lawndale High, her expression one of both anticipation and dread." (Part 3)
- (Un)-lucky in Love (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "St. Patrick's Day couldn't believe his luck. He'd never really had much success in dating in the past, at least on Holiday Island."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen (part 114): "'Is this thing on?' Daria said. She wanted to adjust her glasses, but she wasn't wearing any. Getting used to being out in public - unguarded - was the next real stretch of her comfort zone."