first Kentucky Derby on this day in 1875, while the rest of us avert our eyes and try to scrub the image from our brains. You know, I really don't think this is what the Middleton bursar meant when he asked Jake if he plays the ponies.
Today is also Pack Rat Day, so today's the day to clean out the garage while the girls are at a camp reunion or throw out all the moldy food in the fridge. Figured out what that red stuff is yet?
- And I Feel Fine (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "The man staggered towards Fremont, wondering why he'd done it. His wife and son had been the thing that made his life bearable, ever since that girl and her car had destroyed his guitar and his chances on the road."
- Coffee, by Zetor (part 2c): "Stacy looked over the items on the counter and hummed thoughtfully. 'Well, I did most of the cooking this morning. All that's really left is the turkey and the gravy, and we can't make the gravy until the turkey's done.'"
- Death Of A Dream, by WildDogJJ (part 1): "We zoom in to see a camcorder mounted on a tripod next to Quinn's car. Quinn and Jim are looking at the camera. Jim: Hello, I'm Jim the Car Guy. Today, I'm going to show my girlfriend how to fix a flat tire. Say hi to the viewers, Quinn. Quinn smiles sweetly."
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 10): "'So I guess the question now is should we still go to Jodie’s party?' Kevin asked. He and Daria were still sitting at the pizza place not yet feeling up to dealing with their lives outside right now."
- Meetings, by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "Sandi continued to ask herself if she'd gone crazy as she microwaved a bag of popcorn. She refused to face her present company again until she'd had time to properly reorient herself but she was having no such luck."
- Rise of Weirdness, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (parts 1 and 2): "There had always been weirdness, which science couldn't explain. It was thought that it had disappeared in the early 20th Century, but it wasn't so. Shortly before the Second Great War, a discovery was made in Mesopotamia. A stash of cuneiform tablets. A Sumerian library. Little did the archaeologists know what that library contained."
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (part 13): "'That slimy...rotten...sleazy...' Angie fumed as she picked Elizaveta up at the Morgendorffer house for another day of school. 'What happened, szereto?' Elizaveta asked, her voice etched with concern."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 122): "Jodie Landon buttoned her blouse and checked herself in the full length mirror in Brittany Taylor's room. Finding her old lip gloss, she applied it and checked her appearance from several angles."