Michael Jackson on the anniversary of his birth in 1958, although she never struck me as the type who would be a fan. Perhaps she's just excited about all the legal troubles he had, which is always good news for lawyers?
Also on this day, in 2000, Admonisher published his essay, "A Rant About 'Evil' Tom." It touches not only on the concept of Evil Tom but also some fandom issues in general.
- Burned Out, by Wrabbit7 (part 13): "Kimberly looked down at the photos spread across the dinner table and sighed. 'Honestly, Jennifer. Would it kill you to dress up for picture day?'"
- Daria's Great Adventure, by dmsfanman (part 9): "Daria emerged from inside the airlock. She pulled off her helmet and took a breath of the fresh air in the building. Sure it was created, recirculated, and constantly purified, but it was still better than breathing bottled air in the surface suit."
- Decisions, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "He looked at the little boy that was fast asleep in the bassinet. He's so perfect..."
- Drawing Our Own Conclusions, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Come on. He's just another gorgeous guy, and they don't bite unless you're into that!' Tom's ears pricked up at the conversation just behind him as he sat at a table in the Legion Cafeteria, and ate a tomato seafood bisque that was almost - almost! - as good as the bisque that his mother would make."
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 4): "Erin leaped out of bed. Today was going to be a good day."
- I am not a good dad (Some Kevin Stuff), by Wassersauefer (COMPLETE!): "He did not get her. He really didn't. As much as he tried, Kevin simply didn't get his daughter."
- I can't think of titles anymore (Pasta's Never-Ending Ideas Thread 2), by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "Daria Morgendorffer completely disregarded the rest of the email, way too distracted by the fact that she'd actually won. She hadn't entered the contest of her own free will, no, she'd been cajoled into it by a coworker who insisted that this could be the opportunity of a lifetime."
- Jump, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Esra walked into the cavern that was Jodie's lab. 'They said that you wanted to talk to me.'"
- Maidzillas (Quinn, Season 5), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Close up of Daria and Jane sitting next to each other on the sofa. Daria: I can't beleive we're doing this. Jane: I can't believe I drove down from New York for this and we're missing Sick, Sad World." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Split the Difference (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Sania walked down the street, feeling down in the dumps. She remembered the old expression: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
- Superiors, by ST91 (parts 10 and 11): "Daria was still confused by what she had done when her sister jumped at her in tears. 'Oh Daria, Daria, Daria! I was so worried! I'm sorry for saying all those horrible things about you!' Exclaimed Quinn as she flooded her sister with tears." (Part 11)
- The Truth Seeker, by Rémi (parts 5 - 7): "Cedars of Lawndale Mental Health Unit, reception desk. Tom is approaching with Quinn in tow. Tom : Excuse me. I guess Dr. Calan must be very busy, but I hope he may be able to find a short moment between two appointments for Thomas Sloane and one of his friends. It's important." (Part 6) (Part 7)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 145): "'Mister Turco, you will sit here.' Hector sat in the indicated area. He was wearing his Legion Academy uniform."
- The Wrath of Con, by Lady Evil (part 21): "Jane woke up Monday to her ringing phone. 'What?' she answered. It wasn't as polite as 'Hello' or as sprightly as her usual 'Yo!' but it was too early to be polite or sprightly."