Plush Animal Lover's Day. We can have her attention back once she's appreciated every single Fuzzy Wuzzy Wee Bit in the store, which means we'd really be better off just moving on without her.
Speaking of grown women with unhealthy obsessions, today is also National Chocolate Day and--what? Oh, right, of course I was referring to Mrs. Johanssen. Not myself. Hey, is that unauthorized chocolate over there? Be right back.
- An Annoying Truth (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (part 1): "A black Lincoln Continental pulls into the driveway. Jake Morgendorffer emerges. At sixty-eight he now looks like he did in the future secene at the end of 'Write Where It Hurts', except that he still has some brown locks among the gray hair. As he approaches the house he has a thought."
- Barb Wire (Daria and the Gang Thread II), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'So, anyway,' Quinn said. 'I was waiting in line behind Skyler at Starbucks. He got, like, I don't know, a vente, and I got an expresso, and I was - !' ' - wait a minute,' Sandi said. 'What was that you got?'"
- Daria's Great Adventure, by dmsfanman (part 12): "Commander Ramirez walked into the library and sat down in a chair across from Daria. In an already tired voice she said, 'Daria, as much as I hate to say it you are about to become the first Martian war reporter.'"
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 10): "It was Saturday morning and Erin was out at bed early. All of her clothes, even the loathsome skirt, were laid on the bed or hung from every possible hook. Erin nibbled on toast while she combined outfits in her mind."
- Esteem Loudly (Iron Chef: Lisa Loud or Daria Morgendorffer?), by EntrancedCat (part 1): "I watched Dad's head swivel and bob as he navigated the boat of our massive new SUV through the still unfamiliar streets of Lawndale, MD. I had mixed hopes and desires that he and his passengers were headed in the right direction or that he would give up and we could all go home for another day."
- Evil Deed Blues, by CaffeineAddict94 (part 4): "No matter how many years passed, stepping foot inside a principal's office still filled her with dread."
- Flight, by Princess_Pasta (part 2): "Lawndale High was every bit as terrible as Daria predicted. Fifteen minutes into new student orientation and she already wanted to gouge her eyes out."
- Harry Potter Morgendorffer, by Meester_Lee (part 32): "'This is not what I had in mind for my life,' she said. 'I don't want to be a witch.' 'Sweetie, I love you no matter what you are,' said Helen. She did the only thing she could think of doing, and gave her daughter a hug."
- The Paris Commune (Daria and the Gang Thread II), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Jake Morgendorffer drove his two daughters up to the front of Lawndale High School. 'Just be glad your mother isn't with us in this car,' Jake said."
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (part 29): "'Girls?' Helen called up to her daughters currently in the living room, 'Could you come into the kitchen for a moment? Your father and I would like to talk to you.'"
- Superiors, by ST91 (part 19): "Daria climbed the stairs very quickly ... yet her brain was running faster than her. She was looking for a possible explanation for what happened but she couldn't find one. So she thought of a story that might seem plausible."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 153): "Tom Sloane waited impatiently for the elevator to take him up to Sandi Griffin's office. He knew he needed to update her on QMS Manufacturing and the newest sticky wicket. Joan had told him that his was something that could be handled but even so - 'when in doubt, elevate'."