Bob Kane's birth on this day in 1915. She did say she wanted to be a bat, although she seemed more interested in sleeping upside-down and spreading rabies than in fighting crime. Still, she's finally getting her wish!
Today is also Food Day, so celebrate by eating food if you weren't planning to do that already. If you need some inspiration, this also happens to be National Bologna Day, so help yourself to some questionable meat-like product if you aren't too particular about what goes into your digestive system.
- Anniversary, by Rémi (COMPLETE!): "Evening. Dr. Calan's appartement. Dr. Calan and Quinn are coming in. Dr. Calan is carrying several bags. Quinn looks approximately six months pregnant."
- Bobbie Caller, by Meester_Lee (part 5): "Daria didn't see Bobbie again until Monday. She missed home room, although she did hand a permission slip to Mr. De Martino just as the students were leaving for their classes. Daria didn't have a chance to talk with Bobbie until after French class."
- Dammit Daria, by SexshiTiTePaNtZ (part 10): "'I can't keep my hands off you.' Jane said as she lurched for Daria. The petite brunette lay under her, belly-side-down, like a piece of buttery toast."
- Daria Drinks in China, by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'More fucking beer!' Daria demanded, slamming a fist down on the table she and Jane shared at the bar."
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 9): "Arriving at work on Monday morning, Erin had not taken her coat off before Anne pounced. 'How did it go?' Anne asked,' Was he dreamy?' Erin smirked. 'Do you mean before the marriage proposal or after? Because they were very different experiences'"
- Evil Deed Blues, by Princess_Pasta (part 3): "Blinding sunlight filtered in through the gaps in Monique's blinds and roused her from a fitful sleep. Her dreams were plagued by visions of faceless monsters and endless mazes, not the most refreshing way to spend the night."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 22): "For miles and miles they had traveled, based on nothing more than the printed directions Daria had gotten for the trip back when she was still in Lawndale."
- Flight, by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "Stacy Rowe was born scared. Okay, that was probably a major exaggeration on her part but, for as long as she could remember, she'd been seized by an overwhelming sense of dread."
- Hell-oween (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn and Jim are getting ready for bed. Jim is sitting up in bed and looks really distraught, which Quinn notices. 'Jim, honey, what's wrong?'" (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Metamorphoses, by Rémi (COMPLETE!): "Dr. Calan's office. Quinn and Dr. Calan are talking. Dr. Calan (benevolent) : How are things, my sweet Quinn ? I hope your parents aren't too harsh with you."
- The Montana Cabin Fund is going to LIT!!! (Iron Chef: MegaMillions), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "JANE: It's WHUB 98.5 and This must be Daria and Jane! I'm Jane and Why does your name come first? DARIA: This is Daria and I think it's Branding? Hell if I know? But we have some important stuff we need to talk about."
- The Turn Around, by Silberias (COMPLETE!): "Trent knew he had to take care of his baby sister—no one else in his family was going to do it, and Daria had left for college. Sure, she'd be back, and Janey had taken care of herself just fine before Daria Morgendorffer, but this was something big."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 152): "Mack drove up to the Bel Air home of producer Nicholas Leppner and award-winning actress Jennifer Collins. The plan was that he would meet Carter's parents and have dinner."