National Spaghetti Day. Trent will be happy, because spaghetti is his favorite. Or was it fettuccini bolognese?
At least we can see that the pasta is falling downwards, indicating that gravity is still working properly. That would be good news to Isaac Newton, born on this day in 1643, if he were still alive.
- Ashtrapped, by WellTemperedClavier (part 1): "The caravaner's gray hands hovered over the silt strider's exposed brain. She raised her right hand, hesitated for a moment, and then pressed the index and middle fingers into a whorl on the organ's green and rubbery surface."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 25): "At the end of the journey, both the van and the bus carrying Daria and the rest of the Highland survivors arrived at Lawndale."
- Misadventures in Babysitting, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "'Girls, I have something very important to talk to you about,' Helen said, coming into the living room with Jake. Her daughters, three-year-old Quinn and four-year-old Daria, looked at her in mild alarm. 'I didn't do it!' Quinn yelped, mostly out of habit. 'Yes, she did,' Daria said blandly, also out of habit."
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 52): "Applause...... all that applause...... and it's for us, The Spiral! We've made it...... We've really made it! We did it guys. Nick, Max, Jesse we did it! I can't wait until she-"
- Pretty, by JoeMerl (COMPLETE!): "'Wow, you're soooo pretty,' said five-year-old Tiffany Oshiro. 'Why, thank you, Tiffany,' the woman said, her curly blonde hair flowing down her shoulders as she bent down."
- Rich Girls, Romance and Novels, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "One if the most intriguing aspects of the Legion, when we look back on its first years, is the manner in which its demographics broke down."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 160): "'As you can see, we have some very odd results. As you can see, the slight droop in Charles's right eyelid remains constant throughout the Projection A evolution but is completely corrected in Projection B. Charles's nose is about 6 degrees to the right of a straight line in Projection A, and this deviation from a straight vertical line is all but gone in Projection B.'"