National Peanut Butter Day very much, but he should know it could be worse: he could have sat on an antique peanut butter sandwich. If peanuts have hijacked your brain, then go munch a bunch of your nutty friend's lunch!
Today is also Compliment Day, and so we turn to the immortal words of Helen Morgendorffer: "We tell you over and over again that you're wonderful and you just...don't...get it! What's wrong with you?!" Hope your compliments are better than that.
- The Black Hole (Iron Chef: Dense Daria), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'Mom, I think there's something wrong with me,' Daria said to her mother. Helen looked up from her paperwork, concerned. 'What do you mean, sweetie?' she asked."
- Edicius, by elainefr (part 8): "'Sur- prise......?' his enthusiastic greeting fell upon seeing the crestfallen look when she recognized that it was him- her boyfriend- standing before her."
- The Fine Print (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Sofa King (COMPLETE!): "Kevin Thompson opens his eyes, and looks around. As near as he can tell, he appears to be in a cave... but that can't be right! Bewildered, he holds the back of his head, as he continues to look around. 'Where am I?'"
- Melody Powers, by ST91 (COMPLETE!): "The sun was setting on Rio Beach. It dyed the sea with a wonderful reddish tint. Anyone would have been enchanted by that sight but not Melody Powers."
- Sandi The Betrayed Wife (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Kevin is shoveling snow out of Sandi's driveway. He's just finished and proceeds to shovel the snow off the walkway leading to her front door. He passes by her kitchen window when he notices something that freaks him out." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Thank U, by Lady Evil (part 32): "Jane was sitting on the steps of the erstwhile gazebo, reading the instruction manual when Jesse sat next to her. 'Hey.' he said. 'Hey, Jesse.' said Jane. 'Trying to figure out this thing so the turkey will be ready at least before Christmas.'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Fictional Reaction), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Dear Diary, I have managed to survive another day in Stone Ridge. In two months, I will 'graduate', and by 'graduate' I will be officially off to CC-Baltimore County."
- A Whole New World Of Boys, Just Waiting To Be Conquered... (Iron Chef: Fictional Reaction), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Wait a minute. I'm a fictional character from another universe who somehow got transported into yours - the REAL universe.'"