Appreciate a Dragon Day, or at the very least stop hitting on Angie for the love of God! Do you have a death wish, man?
If dragons aren't your thing, how about gorillas? Today is the anniversary of Dian Fossey's birth in 1932, and without Fossey there would be no Lawndale High School Dian Fossey Award for Dazzling Academic Achievement in the Face of Near-Total Misanthropy. And does anyone else besides me really want to find out the story behind that award?
- Cuckoos On Infinite Earths, by Smijey (part 28): "'I still can't believe you invited me to dinner with your family,' Daria said. 'Well, it is Christmastime,' Janice -- or Ms. J, as she was publicly known -- dismissed."
- David M., by ST91 (part 7): "Saturday morning was the time of the week that David loved most. The start of 48 hours without school or gym; only time dedicated to himself."
- IncorporaTed (The Ted Zone), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Mr. DeMartino stood in front of the classroom, holding a stack of papers. 'Here are the results of your career aptitude tests,' he was saying. 'If any of you have the misfortune of getting "teacher" for a result, be advised that, per Ms. Li, suicide attempts are not permissible on school grounds.'"
- Iron Chef: Truth or Dare, by Charles RB (part 9): "'Dare,' he said. Sandi had been really, really fixed on asking him 'truth' and seeing what she could shake loose. 'Fine. I dare you to... er... Okay, you have to sing a showtune.'"
- Moments of Transition, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Here, take this. You look like you could use it.' Jaime looked up from the high-backed, solid wood bench he sat upon to see a young, college-age woman stand in front of him, a paper coffee cup in hand."
- The New Courtier (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "She should never had sought out the book."
- No time for Q&A session (World's Shortest Crossover XV: A New Era In Crossovers), by Walter Kovacs (COMPLETE!): "It's easy to lose track of say two teenage girls in the middle of a mutiny while all kinds of chaos both on earth, as well as on board the United Earth ship Aratrum is going on. This fact is why Daria and Jane were able to wander the corridors of the ship without anyone asking questions."
- Thank U, by Lady Evil (part 31): "Jake parked the car in front of the house, he and Helen not wanting to go in for a while."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by TheBrodsterBoy (COMPLETE!): "'Hey Daria, you here?' Jane had become very concerned about Daria's recent disappearance. She hadn't showed up for pizza."
- When Mom's Away (Life After Thirty), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Daria is speaking with her oncologist regarding her cancer. Quinn is there to provide support. The doctor, a gray haired man in his fifties, said 'So, after you recover from the hysterectomy we start you on chemo. Any questions?'" (Part 2) (Part 3)