Helen clearly isn't in the mood to celebrate Homemade Bread Day, but she's doing it anyway because that's just the kind of person she is. The kind who doesn't let common sense stand in the way of mindless busywork.
On the other hand, Mr. DeMartino will be pleased to know that today is also Take a Hike Day. Or he will when he gets back from his hike, because he wouldn't wait for Take a Hike Day for his hike--he hikes...wait for it...whenever he feels like it!
- Danny Morgendorffer, by st91 (parts 79 and 80): "Minimalist, Spartan, miserable. These were the adjectives that came to Daniel's mind when he walked into Café Lawndale, formerly alt.lawndale.com." (Part 80)
- Dawson's Creek - Alternate Season 5 + Daria, by Son_of_a_Preacherman (part 5): "The Frat House was having a party. They had parties all the time, but this one was different. It had to be bigger and better than usual."
- Quinn's Code 16: The Geek's Expose, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "Jennifer rang the doorbell. As expected, Helen opened the door. 'Both Daria and Quinn are still asleep,' she said."
- The Story of D – Facebook Edition (Iron Chef: Facebook episodes), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "Helen Morgendorffer -> Rita Chalmers But, if Erin never loved him, why'd she marry him in the first place?"
- 20 Minutes From Now..., by Erin M (part 1): "Uhhhh...what happened? This had better work, Mr. Ruttheimer."
- A Visit From The Goon Squad, by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "They were all seated around the Morgendorffer’s dinner table again, except this time there was a phone in the middle."
- The Whitest Daria You Know, Presents: In Spirit of Hamlet (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'We should congratulate him,' said Daria as she watched Tommy Sherman at work. 'He must have worked very hard to be a jerk this quickly.'"