Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rarely Visited Corners of the Internet

Just for fun, now and then I go through some of the older Daria websites that are no longer updated to see what was going on in the fandom a decade or so ago. A while ago I looked through Katherine Goodman's alt.lawndale.com site, some of which is still online. (Parts can be retrieved using the WayBack Machine, per the Blasts from the Past section at the bottom of the Daria Directory.) The most interesting parts so far are these:
Wish I had been around in the fandom a long time ago. Knowing everything I know now, of course, so I could invest in Microsoft and write everyone else's fanfiction (the good stuff) and claim it for my own, nyah nyah nyah neener neener pthptptpdppptttptptpththth. That would be so awesome.

Interesting that websites used to give each other awards for excellence. Why don't we do that anymore? Probably 'cause everyone grew up. I should make up my own award and give it to the most deserving webmaster, but I would be too embarrassed to take it. Damn modesty.

More later when I can type straight.

2 comments:

Dr Mike said...

Excuse me but when have you ever been able to type straight? :D

The Angst Guy said...

A man can dream, can't he?

[flounces off in a huff]