Begorrah! Erin go Bragh! And other Irish cliches as well! Because today is St. Patrick's Day, also known as an excuse for people to drink green beer and pinch people.
It's also an excuse for me to share this list of St. Patrick's Day-related fanfic, so enjoy!
- Acts of Cupidity by Disco 3:16
- Everything Happens For a Reason by Mahna Mahna
- Holiday Kombat by Richard Lobinske
- Last Dance by Dennis
- One Night Stand: A Misleading Title by Mitch
- Repeiceing Down the Girl by Morden Gans
- Three by Richard Lobinske
- Will Ye Go Lassie, Go? by thatLONERchick
Today is also a triple episode anniversary, as "College Bored," "Daria Dance Party," and "Murder, She Snored" all aired on this day in 1997, 1999, and 2000. Mmm, frat parties, high school parties, and Kevin's funeral. What's not to celebrate?
- After the Disaster 2 :: Esteemers, by Fhujeth_x (part 4): "'Uhm, like. Hi. Sandi Griffin, Fashion Club President.' Sandi walked over to Quinn as the four boys glanced back and forth from Sandi to Quinn, Stacy took position, looking at Sandi expectantly, 'You seem pretty cool...' She said, a follow up from her and Stacy's running into her that morning, meeting, 'Wanna like, be in our club and stuff?'"
- Animal Care, by januense (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, Janey. I'm going to look for a job in town. Maybe I'll be out of home for a while. See you later' She replied, not really paying attention. 'Ok .... see you' She realized the meaning of Trent's words only when he was already out of the front door. She lost the grip on the paintbrush and turned her head to the now empty door, wide eyed. 'Wait .... did he REALLY said JOB ?!?'"
- At the Crossroads...(Chapter 8), by oni (part 1): "While Jane went downstairs to grab her drink, the phone in her room started to ring. Not thinking much of it, Quinn picked it up and spoke into it. 'Hello.' The voice on the other was shaken up. 'Quinn?' Picking up immediately who it was, Quinn responded with concern in her voice, 'Stacy, is that you? What’s wrong?'"
- Barch's Story* - Holy Image of Lies, by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "Taking a deep breath and yawning, the young science teacher took a deep breath and sighed, thinking about the amazingness of this Jeff guy. Sure, she didn't want a relationship at the moment, what with school and everything - but she was really interested in getting to know him and maybe... just maybe...-- *sneeze* Pulling a tissue from her pocket she wiped her nose, sitting down at a near by bench, sneezing again, then again... Looking around for the signs of a dog or something else she'd be allergic to [but she knew dogs weren't allowed on campus], she wiped her nose and began to breath in the fall air again." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
- Clique Swap, by psychotol (parts 17 - 19): "Camera follows her gaze, Darth Maladi entering the library. Darth Maladi: 'Give me a minute,' continues on into the book farm. Camera returns to Daria and Jane. Daria: Nods 'Right.' Jane: After a pause, 'Oh, Darth Maladi, try not to kill Mathew, he may be a –' blurred mouth, noise, '-, but ... ... Actually, disregard.'" (Part 18) (Part 19)
- Don't Call My Name (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "After sneaking around for months it took courage to do what they did. 'Fernando, I.......Don't how to say this ......' They knew what had to be said."
- Fallout Lawndale: 2289, by Vukodlak (part 6): "They had almost made it unnoticed to the movie room when Kay and Elsie spotted them. 'Tom who’s the girl... Oh Daria so nice to see you your looking lovely' Kay smiled upon recognizing her. 'You really should visit more often.' 'Nice dress. What happened lose a bet?' Elsie laughed gawking at her outfit. 'Elsie apologize.' Kay scolded. 'No she’s right I lost a bet.' Daria sighed. It was going to be a really long week."
- Holy Image of Pies (Pie, Pie, My Darling), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Jane was downstairs, popping popcorn for her and Daria's monthly Bad Movie Night, when she heard some unusual grunts and roars come from Daria's room upstairs. At first, Jane paid no attention to this, but then she realized that Daria had earlier finished all the pies she had baked in preparation for the screening of the movie and shouldn't have had anything to grunt or roar about."
- The Lindy Hop (Scenes That Should Be: Breakfast of Zombie Champions), by Angelboy (COMPLETE!): "Clutching the package in her hands carefully, she teased her bangs, giving them that look Quinn had always thought was so cute. Feeling her nerve fading, while a blush on her cheek grew, she knew that she had to do this soon, or forever lose the chance to be friends with Quinn. It was all in her court, and she couldn’t drop the ball now."
- Melody Powers, Book 1: "Our Chick in Havana" (Round Robin), by misericordia (part 1): "Overchuck visibly dragged his eyes upwards to make contact with Melody's. The diminutive orange haired homunculus rarely looked above her neck even when she wasn't dressed in a bikini as she - barely - was now. An automatic ROWRR died in his throat as he saw her clench her hand ready to give him a lethal blow and remembered how many men she had killed."
- Quinn's Code Story 6: The Lab Mouse, the Geek and the Convention, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "Early in the morning, Cindy and Kristen approached the Morgendorffers house. 'This is going to be a great convention,' Cindy said. 'So you say,' Kristen said. She had heard Cindy and Quinn go on and on about it for the last week, along with Quinn's complaints about Daria's treatment of Kevin. 'You are going to enjoy it, just wait,' Cindy said as she pressed the Morgendorffer's doorbell."
- A Resentuful Cynic Ch. 1 New Life, Old Life, by ST91 (part 6): "'Ok, ok. Don’t get mad. You don’t have a crush on my brother,' said Jane as she rubbed her arm. 'Finally.' Said Andrea. 'You have a super crush.' Said Jane before Andrea lunged at her with a pillow. Seeing the girls jokingly fighting, Daria felt a pang of sadness, she had never been able to do anything like that. She had never had a friend."
- Rude Awakening Mini: The St. Patty Day, by DIsaac (parts 1 - 3): "As alcohol is involved I feel it is important to run over our rules for this. I know as we are all adults we can respect a good beverage or two but please remember YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK AND ON AIR! Now can drink when your shift is over and Stacy, Daria, it's WHEN THE SHIFT IS OVER NOT BEFORE! And what the hell, Daria....before noon? What is with you?" (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Scarlett the Fairy and the Snowball Fight, by Aloysius (COMPLETE!): "Scarlett hovered in the air as she weighed her options. She could go through the lot and risk being pelted by snowballs, or she could fly over the sidewalks and take the safe and normal route to the library. But flying over the lot cut at least ten minutes off her trip and the air was cold... Our young fairy did her best to set a speed flying record over the lot, and she weaved and bobbed to avoid the various snowballs. For instead of throwing at each other, all the boys turned their attention, and their snowballs, towards her."
- To Annoy a Mockingbird, Chapter 4, by BF110C4 (COMPLETE!): "Now that she had been cut off from the insurance money she found herself a little short on money, and she couldn’t exactly default on her payment to the Dinozzos -she liked her knees on her legs thank you very much- so she would have to get their 35% from the school funds. Since she had already put most of the teachers on the starvation threshold, and she dare not touch the sports, she would need to drain the maintenance fund." (Part 4)
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Breakfast of Zombie Champions), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'Holy crap,' Daria said. 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' Jane said. 'Yes. I'm also thinking property damage, lawsuits, and our most certain expulsion from Lawndale High School.' 'Yeah,' Jane moaned. 'But still....'"
- Why?, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Kevin wandered the hallways of Lawndale High School long after classes had ended, desperately seeking an answer to the question that had been plaguing him all day. He'd never encountered a mystery this deep, and the solution continued to elude him."