Thursday, March 8, 2012

Heh Heh Heh...Like, Cool!


Today is the 19th anniversary of the premiere of the original series of Beavis and Butt-head. Whether or not you're a fan of the show, it deserves mention at the very least because it's the TV show that gave us Daria. So...happy anniversary, butt munches!

Fanfic Update!
  • And Then it Happened :: Chapter Two, by Fhujeth_x (part 1): "Stacy paused, 'What's that smell? Where are we?' She glanced around, a fallen knight's armor laying helplessly on the ground, sword still poised in his gauntlet, 'Is he dead?' Pointing to the rusted metal she peered closer, hearing a scratching sound inside of it. She moved in closer. Closer."

  • At the Crossroads...(Chapter 7), by oni (part 3): "Quinn thought for a moment and then said, 'Stacy there is something I got to know. I don’t know if she has talked to about this, but...,' she drew a breath and continued, 'is the only reason Sandi started the club in the first place was because of the pressure her mom put on her?' Forming a sad smile, Stacy replied, 'She didn’t talk to me directly about it, but with all the pieces of information she did share with me about her mother, I would have to say yes.' Sighing, she continued, 'For a more accurate answer, you’d have to ask her yourself.'"

  • Clique Swap, by psychotol (parts 8 and 9): "Darth Talon: 'I want to participate in an actual sport. This is not a sport, this is fluffy-' random noise, mouth and lekku blurred. Morris: 'What’s-' random noise ,mouth blurred. Darth Talon: 'Give me something worthy of my talents.' Morris: 'What am I a pimp?' Darth Talon: dashes at Morris accelerating at a rate that don’t make sense to anyone schooled in Newtonian physics, punches Morris in the abdomen. Morris: sinks to the ground, going foetal, too out of breath to say anything." (Part 9)

  • Cynicspace (Iron Chef: Inner Daria), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "There was a lull in the conversation as Daria and Jane were walking to school. Not unusual. What was unusual, however, was Jane giving Daria a mischievous smirk before grabbing her forcefully by the wrist and yanking her behind a tall hedge next to the sidewalk for some privacy. 'Jane, what --' Daria was cut off as Jane thrust her tongue into her friend's mouth. Daria's inner selves did not like this at all."

  • Daria DeMartino Part One: Esteemers with the DeMartinos, by Reven384 (part 1): "'Okay Dora what do you see,' the doctor said. 'It’s Daria you F***ing quack. Get it right if you want to talk with me,' Daria said her eye bulging. 'I’ll have to ask you to watch your language. Please tell me what you see Daria,' the doctor said flinching at the girl’s rage."

  • Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (part 31): "'No, anything else would be too... uh oh.' Said Daria. 'What?' asked Tilly. 'Here comes your friend.' Said Jane, looking up. Tilly scrunched down, trying to hide, but it was a futile effort. Tristan came over to the table where the girls were sitting. 'Mind if I join you?'"

  • Esteem of Anger (IC: DeMartino and Jake swapped), by januense: "'NO BUTS!! We're at school! Now go and try to PAY ATTENTION TO THE LESSONS ! I don't want to see you fooling around with all BRAINLESS HORMONE DRIVEN guys in this school hunting for DATES!' He stops the the car in front of LHS and Quinn rushes out of the car on the verge of tears. She reaches the school front door almost running, not paying attention at people around her. During the whole verbal fight a figure was sitting, quiet and almost forgotten in the rear side of the car. 'Dad ... ' she quietly spokes 'maybe your words were too harsh, even for Quinn ...'"

  • A Knight in Shining Glasses (IRON CHEF: "...And that's how your dad and I got together."), by Waylander (COMPLETE!): "'You know, it's not in my rulebook to hit a chick, but you are asking for it, Miss Smart Mouth.' Daria waited, expecting Tommy Sherman to make a first move so she could use ultra-strength pepper spray and claim self-defense afterwards. 'Excuse me. I don't think it's very gentlemanly of you,' Tommy turned in surprise and saw the geekiest-looking geek he ever saw. 'Threatening women is wrong.'"

  • Once More, With Daria, by misericordia (COMPLETE!): "Half an hour later. 'We had sex.' 'Well, yes, Dar. That's what we do. That, crack wise, eat junk food, and save the world from vampires. Well, mostly from vampires.'"

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 9, by Fhujeth_x (COMPLETE!): "There she stood, in front of several different types of chains and ropes, part of her screaming to get out of the store now, that this was stupid, degrading, wrong... the other part of her pleading to do the right thing and find Ms. Barch at school and beg for help before it was too late. No, she had dignity, and she wanted to remain a queen of her own domain." (Part 2.5) (Part 3) (Part 4)

  • To Annoy a Mockingbird, by BF110C4 (parts 2 and 3): "'So... where you girls been all our lives?' Bobby Bighead on the other hand had his brown hair in a neat cut. 'Waiting here for you. We were born in this room, we grew up in this room, and we thought we would die here... alone. But now you've arrived, and our lives can truly begin.' Betraying her sarcastic remark was one of her half smiles. 'She likes you.' In Daria’s mind one word came to mind. 'Showtime'"(Part 3)

  • Unnamed story (IC: DeMartino and Jake swapped), by Waylander (COMPLETE!): "Anthony DeMartino was fuming, 'Stupid incompetent SHRINK! And what's WRONG if my DAUGHTER likes to read? What's wrong with the WORLD if the kids with functioning BRAIN are treated like LEPERS!'"

  • Unnamed story (IRON CHEF: "...And that's how your dad and I got together."), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "'How your dad and I met? Well we met a long time ago; in high school.' Daria said fixing her glasses. 'But I suppose you mean how we got together.' She thought back. 'About eighteen years ago I was on a trip to Boston visiting an old pal of mine.'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "'I had won the Twisted Metal contest, and looking back, I still can't imagine how. I never was much of a fighter. I could still hear the echoes of the dying, the explosions of the other cars, I just couldn't focus. I look back at the crater that used to be Lawndale. I could have sworn that I saw my sister Helen there as well...I wonder what she would have wished for...'"

  • Unnamed story (Pie, Pie, My Darling), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Ms. Li's voice, a desperate edge in it, came on over the PA. 'Everyone out in the halls for soda. NOW!'"

  • The Wrath Universe Ch. 1 New Life, Old Life, by ST91 (part 3): "'But now, please, could you tell me why you were visited by a psychologist?' 'You have no intention of giving up, right?' 'Exact.' 'Ok. Well. As I have said it's not anything important. When I was six, I was examined by the school psychologist as to why I did not socialize with other children.' 'And why didn't you socialize?' Oh well, now we are dancing so I might as well dance.... 'Because I hated the other children.'"

No comments: