Friday, March 2, 2012

Appreciation? Yeah, Right!


Today is both Employee Appreciation Day and National Salesperson Day, but no matter how many holidays you stack up, poor Theresa still does not get paid enough to deal with the Fashion Club's constant demands. Maybe one of these days she and Marianne could get together for drinks and decide who has the worst job.

This is also the anniversary of the original air date of "Quinn the Brain" in 1998. I'll always wonder what might have happened if, instead of quashing her sister's attempt to use her mind, Daria had encouraged her to go even further and move past the superficial. Then again, I suspect it would have ended with the Morgendorffer sisters crushing the entire world under their heels, so maybe it's best that it worked out the way it did.

Fanfic Update!
  • A Distant Lawndale, by Arena del Sur (part 5): "And so, step by step, things were changing around me. The way things happened began to move away from what had been... A little more day after day, which was easy for me to see... What was I going to become? If my past was changing, the future could be different. That idea was freaking me out."

  • At the Crossroads...(Chapter 7), by oni (part 1): "''Do you know where your daughter is right now?' With venom in her voice, Linda replied, 'I don’t know Helen, in her room?' Anger bellowed out of Helen’s voice as she said, 'She’s over here scared out of her mind Linda!'"

  • Bleeding Red (Angst Off!, Part 3), by mmmdraco (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, Danny. 'Sup?' Jesse scratched his head and blinked to make his little brother come into focus from messy hair to Mystik Spiral t-shirt to Doc Martens. 'You've got to get me over to Link's house as fast as you can. He said he was going to slit his wrists!' 'Um, I can't. No wheels. Besides, I'm sure he doesn't mean it.' Jesse yawned. 'Think I'll get a little more sleep.' He lay back down and shut his eyes."

  • Does This Make Me Look Fat (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "'I...want....my....prizee,' Tiffany drawled out in her slow way of talking. 'So you want to be the skinniest member of the fashion club,' Calypso said, 'That's easy enough.'"

  • The House of Cards, by Doggieboy (part 8): "Conrad Hawkins snorted and sighed as he looked up at his daughter. 'Baby girl, did you really think that you were going on the hunt for John - with Dr. Ryan’s help - but without myself or your mother knowing anything about it? Or even allowing it?' The redheaded teen then turned on her father. 'I lost him once and I will not lose him again! The only reasons I haven’t told either of you two is because I’m afraid that you’d try to stop me...or attempt to kill him again. After all, you did try to blow his head off.'"

  • I Donut (Pie, Pie, My Darling), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'Amy, how delightful,' Rita lied. 'I thought you weren't coming.' 'I wasn't, but then I remembered weddings have cake, so I decided to put aside years of bitterness and resentment. All for delicious, delicious cake.' Daria began to salivate at the reminder of the cakey future."

  • (i thought) We Were Friends Until Yesterday (Angst Off!, Part 3), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "'Brittany’s just a pain; I only hang out with her because I feel sorry for her.' Those were the exact words she heard. Perhaps sarcasm; no, those where the true feelings spoken in confidence."

  • Melody Powers and the Crystal Boutique (Iron Chef: To kill a Mockingbird), by BF110C4 (COMPLETE!): "To see Daria on a public setting was a weird occurrence by itself, the fact that it was a school related activity make it even weirder, but what make such an appearance a truly bizarre even worthy of an special episode of Sick, Sad World was the sight of the small writer standing on the stage. On her hand was her latest story, a legal thriller, just without the legal part, and with mindless violence thrown in for fun, perfect for teens with a short attention span."

  • Ms. Barch's Revenge and Anthony's Dream (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "'So you want to give your ex what he deserves,' Calypso said. 'That man will pay and so will his little hussy!' Barch said. 'But in exchange you must give up your current man,' Calypso said holding a picture of Timothy O'neil."

  • Relaxation (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "Jodie was exhausted but she'd won, 'Calypso I demand my prize!' 'You wish for a life where you don't have so much stress on your plate. You want to rest and relax,' Calypso said smiling ominously, 'There is only one way that can happen.'"

  • Rude Awakening Ep.10: Sandi vs The EPT, by DIsaac (part 4): "UPCHUCK: Good. You must be desperate if you're asking me for help? BRITTANY: Charles, you're my only hope here to talk with him. (Brittany steps forward) UPCHUCK: Stop or I’ll spray."

  • Sandi's Beauty (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "'So you wish for beauty that will never tarnish or be surpassed,' Calypso said, 'But you should be wary. Such beauty comes at a price.'"

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 8, by Fhujeth_x (parts 1 - 3): "Remembering back to her books she remembered something about werewolves locking themselves up on a full moon, to prevent them from doing harm unto others. Caged like a filthy animal in a dirty trap, being forced to remain stuck until daylight. 'Like Hell I will.'" (Part 2) (Part 3)

  • Twisted Metal "The Lawndale Edition" Ending Two (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "Stacy stood in front of Calypso; she was the winner and she was ready to claim her prize; after all that blood and all the fear she could have anything...Except she wasn’t sure what she wanted..."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria Inspired by Different Movies), by Greystar (COMPLETE!): "'My company offers state of the art artificial organ technology with payment plans for every budget, Mr. Morgendorffer,' the Terry Perry Barlow said to Jake as he lay in the cardiac unit of Cedars of Lawndale. 'I don't know, Terry,' Jake said warily as he looked over the contract that he had been given. 'The doctor said that there was only a little minor damage and that it would heal over time.'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef - Goddess of Sarcasm), by Angelinhel (COMPLETE!): "Daria just blinked. She had the oddest sense of deja-vu, but other than in a dream she couldn't possibly imagine where she would have encountered a similar situation. What she could only describe to herself as some sort of angel was standing at the foot of her bed, though her enormous wings were a glossy gunmetal grey instead of white. Odder still, she was wearing what were clearly an old pair of jeans and a rather nondescript t-shirt."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: I Met Myself on the Way to the Town Square), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "I still have nightmares about that goddamn thing's teeth. They weren't human. I swear, they stretched all the way out past where its jaws should have ended. Much as it pains me to admit it, I screamed and ran out of there."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Psycho Therapy), by januense (COMPLETE!): "'WHAT? Ehr ... ehm. Quinn ... I know that some things I said can appear a little sour to you but I swear I was only concerned about you a...' 'MOM!! There's no need to be sorry ... I mean ... I'm the wrong one.' 'Oh ... Quinn ... can you ... elaborate ?'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by ThanatosRW (COMPLETE!): "'So Kevin, you wanna be in the NFL, right? Your wish is granted'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by ThanatosRW (COMPLETE!): "I had won the Twisted Metal tournament. It was kinda fun, might do it again sometime. More importantly, Calypso had fulfilled his end of the bargain. As I walked into the abandoned building, I could not stop myself from giggling at the thought of seeing her again."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by Vukodlak (COMPLETE!): "The monster truck skidded to a stop infront of Calypsos throne of broken car parts. Beavis and Butthead stumbled out plastered and laughing. 'Explosions are cool!' Butthead laughed"

  • Upchuck's Harem (Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "'Calypso I demand my wish,' Charles said with barely contained glee. 'You're desire is for a harem of girls who will do anything you ask without question,' Calypso said. 'Yes!' Charles exclaimed."

  • Wish Endings (Collected responses to Iron Chef: The Wish endings), by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "'I had won the Twisted Metal competition. I had just barely got out of it alive, but my resolve was never stronger. I had to get my wish. Nothing mattered except the future I had in mind. The Sloans always get what they want, one way or another. I was determined to keep the family tradition going....'"

  • The Wrath Universe Ch. 1 New Life, Old Life, by ST91 (part 1): "'Girls, I just want you to know your mother and I realize it's not easy moving to a whole new town... especially for you, Daria, right?' said Jake Morgendorffer towards his eldest daughter while driving his blue Lexus. Especially for you, Daria, right? Of course because I’m only a socially retarded Quinn, right, Dad?"

No comments: