Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"'Unto'?" "Buckle my shoe."


Happy Mother Goose Day, nursery rhyme lovers! Daria doesn't seem like the type to enjoy that kind of thing, but perhaps she'll put her own spin on the classics. I just wonder where she got that goose.

Today is also May Day, Beltane, and Walpurgis Night, which are all festivals from different parts of the world that celebrate spring. It may or may not look much like spring where you are right now--especially if you live in the Southern Hemisphere--but I'll take any excuse to celebrate!

Fanfic Update!
  • Abbatoir Blues (1): The Hitman and Her, by LongSnakeMoan (part 2): "'Can I ask you a personal question Jane?' Well, that was direct. No bullshit small talk with this guy. 'Sure, ask away.' 'Why the hell are you a hooker?'"

  • Clique Swap, by psychotol (part 34): "Hillary: 'So we have no other heads of state competing right?' Chiss General: Looks like he’s just remembered something. Hillary: Sighs. 'Who else?' Chiss General: 'Gar Stazi. Supreme commander of the New Republic Defence Fleet, wants to bring back a democratic republic.'"

  • Daria - Double Down, by neonhomer (part 37): "They walked to Trent’s car, and got in. 'You cleaned the car out?' 'Yeah. Figured it was time.' Said Trent. 'Uh huh. Jane made you do it?' Trent chuckled. 'Yeah, but I found ten dollars, so it’s all good.'"

  • Ethan Yeager in Lawndale: Ch2 Ye Olde Madness, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Hey guys,' Jane answered back while walking away from a booth selling ‘Authentic’ Manuscripts from the Middle Ages, 'What are you guys doing here?' 'What are you?' Ethan asked as a reply. 'I needed to get out, Trent discovered a new cord and now his band mates are playing it in an infinite loop.' At the mention of Jane’s extremely hot brother Trent Lane, Ethan started to look dreamy until remembering who he was standing next to and said some hurried words of sympathy and changed the subject." (Part 5)

  • Ethan Yeager in Lawndale: Ch 3 Rise Above the Bollocks, by Shiva (parts 1 and 2): "'And so now I have to write a story with moral intentions, rather than just do a report on one I’ve already read.' Daria complained to Jane, Ethan, and Josh, while they were heading for Jane’s house. 'That’s what you get for knowing more than the teacher.' Ethan quipped." (Part 2)

  • Family Reunion, by januense (part 3): "She began to panic, her heart beating as fast as a racing car engine's piston and her brain jammed. She was unable to explain his blitz, nor to figure out his intentions. Did he embrace her in a flame of passion that he can no longer hide? ... clearly her brain was on strike ... Will he try to kiss her? Her wildest dream were going to become reality? Why here? Why now? 'Why has that huge, heavy, old anvil just crashed in the same spot were I stood before?'"

  • Lawndale School of Magic Part Two: Brittany's Party, by Reven384 (COMPLETE!): "Daria said as they reached the school, 'It’s as I feared. He’s removed most of my runes.' 'So what will you do now?' Jane asked. 'I still have one rune that is undetectable. I just need the chance to use it,' Daria said, 'This will be tricky because I’ll only have one shot.' 'And you want me to stay outside,' Jane said. 'I need you to stay outside,' Daria said pointing towards a monster Upchuck had conjured. "

  • The Mageborn Cynic : Daria & the School of Magic, by peetz5050 (COMPLETE!): "They had reached a landing at the top of the stair with a single door and a smaller narrow steep stair leading to a trapdoor in the ceiling. Quinn wormed her way past Jane so she could get in first. Daria opened the door and Quinn darted in and turned around to watch. Jane cocked a bemused eyebrow at this carry on and looked at Daria who said 'Abandon hope and all that... go on in, it's just my bedroom. Jane did so not knowing what to expect but curious because of Quinn's antics."

  • Paging, Dr. Morgendorffer, by oni (COMPLETE!): "The tape recorder was on play and the voice of a teenage girl came up through it. This is what she said... 'This is Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane, and it’s currently four o’ clock outside. It’s been about a couple of minutes since we’ve taken the drug commonly referred to as LSD. My friend Jane here found it under her brother’s... Jane, what the hell are you staring at?'"

  • Quinn's Code Story 6: The Lab Mouse, The Geek and the Convention, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 6): "Daria thought. 'She may be at a friend's house. One of the other cheerleaders, for instance.' 'Do you know where the other cheerleaders live?' Jane asked Jennifer. 'Why would I know?' Jennifer responded. 'I do,' Mack said. 'Of course you do,' Jane said."

  • Rude Awakening Ep.10: Sandi vs The EPT , by DIsaac (part 8): "LINDA: So you couldn't handle the pressure? SANDI: I could handle the pressure just fine...I just wanted something that is more challenging, Mother. LINDA: I taught you screw over everybody and screw the consequences. SANDI: Gee I wonder how that turned out. Dad is in jail for insider trading, All of us kids avoiding you like the plague and You still being miserable which you are totally unbearable as usual."

  • Sandi :: Well... This Sucks :: Chapter 16, by Fhujeth_x (part 3): "Something was definitely wrong. She just knew it. Stacy and Tiffany were acting overly nice for some reason and they seemed to know something strange that she didn't know. 'About the other day...' She blurted out uncharacteristically but unsure of how to do it any other way, 'I...' 'Don't worry!' Stacy reassured as Tiffany spaced out completely on her make-up, 'Uhm, I hope. I mean, it's not like we're going to tell anyone you hear voices in your head...'"

  • TDJS Ch. 2 Interlude, by ST91 (part 1): "'Dammit Dario why did you come out wearing just that towel?' 'Because my robe is still in the washing machine.' 'Shut up. Do you realize how bad an impression I made because of you?' 'Oh come on Quinn. It's not as if I was naked.' 'It makes no difference. Sandi and the other were eating you with their eyes.'"

  • WaM, Ma'ams, Dark Paladin, by DeacBlue (part 4): "'And that's the smallest part of what this thing can do, almost a throwaway, minor power. This allows you to visit other universes, as well. Not just stars, but universes. You can go where the physical constants are different, where different choices were made...my head hurts.' She ran her fingers through her hair. Everyone started when Daria scraped her chair back. 'We're going to have to do some research,' she said, resting her hands on the table. 'I need all of the books, except mine, so that I can get copies made. We all need to be up to speed on this.'"

  • What Did You Do During The War, Daria?, by echopapa (part 3): "'I can't go home,' Daria said. 'My parents and Quinn will be safer with me not around. I'll call Dad and tell him I'm going to your house.' 'But why are they looking for you?' Jane asked. 'I think that they are looking for all superheroes, anyone that might stand in the way of – whatever they're up to.' Daria created a tablet and used it to access the news sites. 'See? Reports of Hawkmen attacks in New York, Coast City, Central City, Gotham, Fawcett City, Seattle. Any city or town known to be the home of a superhero.'"

No comments: