Bob Keeshan, also known as Captain Kangaroo, who was born on this day in 1927. Keeshan played the character on the children's show for almost 30 years, and there's a very good chance Jake and Helen grew up watching it. Unless Mad Dog had some kind of issue with it, of course. Damn you, old man!
- A Butterfly Effect, by Indigo (COMPLETE!): "Sometimes a small moment of distraction can have big consequences."
- Dressing for Disaster, by PrecambrianStudios (parts 1 and 2): "Cassidy Hemming, a petite sophomore student with large spectacles and long red hair, saw Tom Sloane walk across the courtyard, yards and yards away from the wooden, gum-ridden bench. Her heart fluttered and leapt into her throat." (Part 2)
- Fashion Hunters, by Sylvia_Locust (COMPLETE!): "'Dean?' his father asks, rubbing a hand across his tired eyes. 'Sir?' 'What’s your brother wearing on his feet?'"
- Ow! My Ears - The Mystik Spiral Story, by Charles RB (parts 7 and 8): "Amelia Pines was born into an Air Force family and moved about the country - and also spent time in Germany - until the age of 12, when her parents settled in Limerick, Maine. It would be a stereotype to say that this left her socially awkward and timid around people, and also very accurate." (Part 8)
- Possibilities, by Sureia (part 8): "She all but vibrated with enthusiasm and importance at her good fortune, taking dainty bites out of her salad. Helen smiled indulgently at her. It was so refreshing to see her daughters flourishing in their new environment."
- Renewment, by RLobinske (part 7): "Jake knocked on the front door and they waited for a moment before Trent answered it. 'Hey, come on in. Oh yeah, Lindy and Jane kinda set up a party for you.'"
- Stacy's Newly Made Man, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As the pervert chatted her up, undressing her come hither outfit with his eyes. Stacy Rowe went through the motions of being coy but curious, the very essence of a naiveté teenage girl looking for an older man to 'make a woman of her'."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Everyone Goes to Fielding), by Princess_Pasta (parts 2 and 3): "--- was enjoying a French fashion magazine in the quiet, solitude of her dorm room when Sandi made her unexpected entrance. --- didn't take kindly to being disturbed, especially by someone who didn't even have the decorum to knock before entering a room." (Part 3)
- Unnamed story ([Iron Chef – Round Robin – Free For All] Time Loops), by Wraith (part 24): "Ever since she found out about the nature of the Loops, Daria had been trying to play things safe. She really didn't want to risk doing something to alienate Jane just as she Awoke."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'But... what?' Jodie's face was lined with disbelief as Mack, a guitar in hand as he sat atop a lunch table with girls gathered all around him, shrugged and reached for a cookie that Stacy thoughtfully handed him."