Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Pharaoh of Self-Esteem Class


Mr. O'Neill is looking very regal for a man wearing a skirt, but that's because today is King Tut Day! It's the anniversary of the discovery of Tutankhamen's tomb in 1922, at which point the archaeologists were able to figure out whether he was buried without his diver or his liver.

Also, happy birthday to Wendy Hoopes, the actress who voiced Helen, Quinn, and Jane. She was born on this day in 1972, and I'm pretty sure she still has her liver. No clue about her diver, though.

Fanfic Update!
  • "Aw Mama...Can This Really Be The End?", by Scissors MacGillicutty (parts 12 - 17): "He disliked being in a room that did not have any natural light other than his lab. In the lab, he was either engrossed in a task, watching a movie, or weeping on the floor. Here, without anything to attend to except as his fancy might strike him, he was extremely uncomfortable." (Part 13) (Part 14) (Part 15) (Part 16) (Part 17)

  • Dax and the Time Lord, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (prologue): "As she approached Quarks, Ezri heard a familiar sound that she hadn't heard since before she was joined. It was a sound as of some strained mechanism. (She supposed it was strained, given how old it was.) She turned and saw a blue box appear out of thin air near the security office."

  • Lane Lane, by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "Daria grumbled. 'Just keep in mind that in a couple of years it's going to be illegal for us to go after teenaged girls.' Daria grumbled again. 'Okay, fine, be that way. All I'm saying is the window of opportunity is closing fast, and we have to get in before it closes.'"

  • The Many Doctors - Chapter 26, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "Martha heard the explosion and rounded a corner, almost running into Felicia. 'What are you doing here?' the Doctor asked. Martha held out the sonic. 'I'm returning this. I thought you might need it.'"

  • The Phantom of the Library, by neonhomer (part 5): "'Well, this book so far has caused both Aunt Quinn, my mother, and my father to act weird.' 'Define weird' 'Aunt Quinn told me that the book meant a lot to her. My mom looked like she was going to throw up, and my dad told me to never mention the name of the girl in the book to my mother again.'"

  • Quinn Bobs Her Hair, by EntrancedCat (COMPLETE!): "Half-way home she noticed Jane in further study of her bald pate. She stopped. 'What is it now, Lane? I swear if you paint a picture of this I'll....'"

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Crack Pairing Madness), by Hyrin (COMPLETE!): "Bobby Stuart sat in the holding cell at the police station, his head in his hands. Well, that escalated quickly, he thought to himself."

2 comments:

R. A. Schaefer said...

Pharaoh is p-h-a-r-a-o-h. I've had problems with the spelling myself! -- R. A. Schaefer

Kristen Bealer said...

Thanks!