Happy birthday to the late author Margaret Mitchell, who was born on this day in 1900. Jake and Helen are reenacting a scene from Mitchell's novel Gone with the Wind, and I must say they look pretty darn cute together there.
While we're celebrating birthdays, we should also remember Bram Stoker, or as Sandi likes to call him, Brad. Stoker was born on this day in 1847, and his best-known work is Dracula. Just so we're clear, I'm talking about Bram Stoker's Dracula, not Sandi Griffin's Dracula.
- "Aw Mama...Can This Really Be The End?", by Scissors MacGillicutty (parts 18 - 20): "Daria stood outside the Lawndale Heights Condominiums complex, looked back whence she came, and shivered. She took a pack of cigarettes from her jacket pocket, struggled to open it, but then jammed it back into her pocket, and took out her phone." (Part 19) (Part 20)
- A Different Look at 1111, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "It was early in the Summer between her Junior and Senior years at Lawndale High, and Stacy Rowe was visiting her best friend, Quinn Morgendorffer."
- The Mageborn Cynic, by peetz5050 (part 35): "A few moments later a captain rode up to Jakob and saluted. 'Good afternoon your Grace. The Major asked me to intercept you and report that her Grace, the Duchess of Barksdale, has kindly offered to billet our troops in her late husband's barracks as the Duke of Barksdale's regiment is already with his majesty and she requests that you and your senior officers join her for dinner this evening.'"
- Mine Origins, by Vukodlak (part 5): "As promised Jack arrived within an hour and a few brief introductions he asked the rest of the family vacate the kitchen while he conducted the interview."
- Mirror, Mirror, by NightGoblyn (part 2): "'I call upon the darkest magicks,' Daria intoned, and took a deep breath of incense. 'I summon the dark, and from the dark, I summon the power to destroy. Come to me!'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Indigo (COMPLETE!): "Mr. O'Neill - It means... look, just let me get through this part, okay? Then there'll be a video! Daria - (Standing up) No, it is not okay."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "So, where do I start? I'm sorry."
- Zero (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: The Madness Sets In), by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "Daria Morgendorffer allowed herself a brief moment of introspection as she considered the events that led to her enjoying such a beautiful day instead of holing herself in her bedroom until noon, which had become routine for her since she started her summer break."