It's Pistol Patent Day, the anniversary of the day Samuel Colt patented his revolver in 1836. I'm not sure if Upchuck with a gun is scarier than Upchuck without one, but I'd feel better if he wiped that cheesy grin off his face.
Today is also the anniversary of the episode "Partner's Complaint," which first aired on this day in 2000. I think Jane should be glad Daria wasn't carrying a pistol when she kept going on about Tom, although they did work things out in the end. Without pistols, I mean--although that could be a fun AU fic.
- Acquainted (Ideas!), by Princess_Pasta (COMPLETE!): "The brisk wind hit Daria Morgendorffer full force as she rushed from the parking lot, the icy chill tearing through her auburn hair as she hugged her gray peacoat closer to her body."
- Action Stories #6: Struck by Lightning, by NightGoblyn (parts 1 - 3): "'Ugh,' Quinn said, wrapping her arms around herself. 'Out of the fire and into the icebox.' She pulled out her Legion phone and powered it up, frowning at the small 'no service' icon." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Invader Quinn Season Three, by Anguirus1955 (part 1): "'No! NOOO!!! You'll pay for this,' Miss Bitters said into the phone. 'Well, students, despite my moral outrage, Principal Li is allowing you all to celebrate Valentine's Day today,' Miss Bitters said to her class with clear distaste in her voice."
- Take a Walk in my Shoes, by DIsaac (part 5): "To say it was a normal at Lawndale High the day after that shooting star was a flat out lie. Things were Topsy Turvy."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef : MMORPG, Lawndale style), by Waylander (part 14): "Darlene wasn't sure what to expect as she approached the wrought-iron gates of the Old Cemetery. Was it going to be infested with zombies? Or she was supposed to find a passage to a secret dungeon in one of the old crypts?"