Barch is, in her own way, observing the anniversary of The Feminine Mystique, which was first published on this day in 1963. I don't think her particular viewpoint was what author Betty Friedan had in mind when she wrote it, but I have little doubt that the book sits prominently on Barch's bookshelf.
Today we also observe the anniversary of the episode "Fizz Ed," which aired on this day in 2001. I suppose we'll never know if Kevin really decided to name his firstborn Ultra Cola Thompson, but I'd like to think he did.
- Time is almost up! Vote in the 2015 Daria Fanworks Awards by 11:59 PM (23:59) UTC 21 February.
- Share your best ideas for SSW episodes.
- View and discuss the list of Top 10 Cartoon Goth Girls.
- What facets of pop culture have you missed out on? Tell everyone in the thread.
- Princess_Pasta is looking for cosplay video suggestions.