National Spaghetti Day, but Helen's not making it easy. For starters, he's got the wrong kind of pasta. For another, it's hard to enjoy any food when you have to pick it out of your hair first.
It might be that Helen was just trying to give a demonstration of gravity in honor of Isaac Newton's birth on this day in 1643. Apples, penne a la pesto; it's the same principle either way.
- Daria, the Radio serial, by Roentgen (part 13): "(Car pulls to a halt.) JAKE: Why here we are girls! Middleton College. HELEN: It's like I never - hey! What are those men doing on campus? KATIE: Men? Where? DARIA: Mom, it looks like Middleton went co-ed when no one was looking."
- Down By the Bay, by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "As I yanked a third offensive looking Hawaiian shirt from my suitcase, I couldn't help but remember a word of wisdom I had read in a book somewhere: never, ever let your parents buy you anything under the influence of alcohol."
- Edicius, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "'Come on, breathe damn it!' (v/o) His voice sounded very far away. 'That's it; you can- do it-' She opened one eye, then the other. Slowly, Trent's face came into focus. She spit up water and coughed before righting herself into a sitting position."
- Fashion (IC: "It's not what it looks like!"), by Wassersauefer (COMPLETE!): "As much as Sandi did not like to admit it, it all started with Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. As little as she liked that fact, the movie was an eyeopener."
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 31): "'Ouch!' 'Sorry.....sort of,' she sheepishly apologized for being the cause of the back of his head slamming against the wall. Then, she kissed him with fevered passion."
- A.R.C Chapter 8 Sighted by a condor, by ST91 (part 5): "That morning Daria would have preferred to stay in bed but she had a promise to keep. Also she was sure that if she had not got up her mother would come and would have dragged her by her feet."
- Title redacted (IC: "It's not what it looks like!"), by tjdolf (COMPLETE!): "That feeling when a project comes together naturally. That feeling when someone has a great idea and is willing to pay money to have it realized. That feeling when a project is finished and has turned out great."