National Peanut Butter Day, perhaps because Daria's gone off peanuts entirely after her stint at It's a Nutty, Nutty, Nutty World. Honestly, can you blame her? Jake, on the other hand, would probably be more than happy to whip up another batch of Thai peanut sauce!
Today is also Beer Can Appreciation Day, and I'm sure both Kevin and Ms. Barch's ex-husband (with his pyramid of "Beers of the World" empties) can get behind that one. I suspect that isn't the only similarity between the two, either.
- Cops And Robbers And Magic, by psychotol (part 8): "Matilda had staked out a location on top of a grain silo at a farm on the edge of town, and settled in to scour the fields for aliens. Specifically that one with the stripy horns and head tails."
- The Life of the Mind, by Two-Eyed Charlie (part 4): "The sun sure as hell was bright that afternoon, and a soft breeze kept inserting my hair directly into my mouth."
- Moonstruck, by NightGoblyn (part 16): "'Did the flowers make us fight?' Stacy asked. Nervously, she reached up and found the flower she'd plucked had vanished from her hair. 'Was that my fault?'"
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 34): "Brad had heard her when she came out of the bathroom, but he hadn't seen her since he had just come back from getting the delivery order from downstairs."
- This is my stop, by Honey-On-Toast (parts 1 and 2): "What had started out as a relatively innocent task had developed into a reluctant exploration of one of the most infamous parts in town. For a solid 10 minutes, Daria and Jane stood and stared at the abandoned Lawndale psychiatric hospital." (Part 2)
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria Team-Up), by tjdolf (COMPLETE!): "The dull little town lacked most things, but at least it had plenty of sacred cows. What did these losers see in a miserable, talentless drug addict like Kurt Cobain?"