Benjamin Franklin's birth on this day in 1706. Either that, or he's trying to find a cheap source of electricity to save on his utilities bill. That man seriously needs a damn raise.
The deadline to nominate for the 2017 Daria Fanworks Awards is tomorrow! Choose your favorite Written and Visual works before it's too late!
- Creak, by Jim North (part 9): "After making sure all the lights were off and nothing was exploding or leaking gas, she grabbed her jacket, locked up the house, and settled into the musty interior of her car once again. She made the loop around the drive, giving the house one last visual inspection before pulling down to the street and getting underway."
- God Save The Esteem: Punk is Dead, by Charles RB (part 8): "'We have gathered here not to mourn Jake Morgendorffer but to celebrate the life of—' 'No we're not, we're at a funeral!'"
- Iron Chef: Truth or Dare, by Roentgen (part 2): "Quinn was terrified of the possibility of what could happen next. Which was worse, the Truth or the Dare? She kept thinking about it. 'The longer you wait,' Daria said with a smile, 'the worse it gets.'"
- Priorities (Quinn, Season 2), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn is asleep in her bed while the curtains are drawn shut. Her alarm clock goes off. She opens one eye, then the other before reaching over and hitting the 'off' button. She slowly sits up and yawns." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Quinn's Skin (Quinn, Season 3), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Quinn and Jim are having breakfast. Quinn is eating Model Crunch while Jim is having eggs and bacon. Quinn: How can you eat that junk and not gain wieght?" (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 19): "December barrels ahead in a blurry haze and January sits in waiting, fresh and new with the promise of revival. Daria still feels trapped by the cold embrace of winter."
- Tales of Lawndale - Festivus Frustrations, by Eduard Tubin (part 1): "Daria had noticed Amisha spending more time in his demon form when at home. He flew down the stairs and into the kitchen past her father, landed ext to the coffee and Jake didn't notice."
- A Three Hour Tour, by Jim North (part 3): "While his first mate was getting settled in with the passengers, Tony was busying himself with making sure everything was in tip-top shape before they headed out."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen and Brother Grimace (parts 92 and 93): "'So when do I get to make my "debut"?' Karen asked. It was hard to get Jodie's attention. Karen looked down at what appeared to be a carburetor lying at her feet, along with several socket wrenches, with a paper of mathematical drawings pinned by one of the wrenches. 'Hey, Jodie?'" (Part 93)